User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Shore Power - 2 outlets not working

We are currently on 50 amp shore power; the outlet under the upper cabinet next to the range top and the outlet in the cabinet above the tv are not working. I have flipped all breakers and checked all fuses. Thoughts?
    Full-time as of March 1, 2020
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes
    Onan Generator, TheDryCampers Installed Solar, Slide-Out Awnings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had similar problem it was a dog bone had a short do you have multimeter check shore power for correct voltage also check resettable GFCI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a maybe a ground fault receptacle is tripped.
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crcogs95 View Post
    had similar problem it was a dog bone had a short do you have multimeter check shore power for correct voltage also check resettable GFCI

GFCI outlets are good. I have a Progressive Industries SSP-50XL Surge Protector that is not showing any issues with the power. I will have to break out the Multi-meter and see what I can find...
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if the book had this information in it like GFI's TV connections and the like.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check where the shore power cord connects on the trailer end. Possible to get it part way connected and not have both legs..
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will check the connections outside when it stops raining
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtintx View Post
    I did get this from GD
    That diagram's file name is "coax diagram.png" and that's what it appears to show; the coax network. If it's the only diagram they sent you, ask again for the "Electric Plan" diagram.

(BTW Grand Design is touchy about those diagrams being posted in any public place... might be best to edit your message to remove it and just let people know that diagrams are available on request.)

The one I got for our trailer shows each of the outlets in the trailer with an identifier for which circuit it is supposed to be on. FWIW regarding your trailer (probably not much) in our trailer all outlets in the kitchen slide EXCEPT the one for the microwave are supposed to be on the same circuit. If anything in the slide other than the microwave has 120V power then a local (in the slide) connector might be the issue.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    That diagram's file name is "coax diagram.png" and that's what it appears to show; the coax network. If it's the only diagram they sent you, ask again for the "Electric Plan" diagram.

(BTW Grand Design is touchy about those diagrams being posted in any public place... might be best to edit your message to remove it and just let people know that diagrams are available on request.)

The one I got for our trailer shows each of the outlets in the trailer with an identifier for which circuit it is supposed to be on. FWIW regarding your trailer (probably not much) in our trailer all outlets in the kitchen slide EXCEPT the one for the microwave are supposed to be on the same circuit. If anything in the slide other than the microwave has 120V power then a local (in the slide) connector might be the issue.
    Thank you - I called GD and they don't have a diagram for the electrical. He told me that the outlets are daisy chained, so it is likely a loose "Out" from the previous outlet in the chain. I will have to shut-off the power and battery switch to investigate further.
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtintx View Post
    Thank you - I called GD and they don't have a diagram for the electrical. He told me that the outlets are daisy chained, so it is likely a loose "Out" from the previous outlet in the chain. I will have to shut-off the power and battery switch to investigate further.
    Leave the battery switch on. It has no connection to outlets, and you’ll have lights while you work.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast