Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    I am in the process of evaluating the above tow insurance and would appreciate any recent experience with the service, good or bad.

Thank you in advance.

Gordon Fuchs
    Back home, Cleveland, Ohio
    Early return due to the virus.
    I have been with Good Sam for twenty years and have used them three or four times. I have never had a problem with them, but if you have a fifth wheel, you will need more than just standard road side assistance. I have Premium Plus that covers anything...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Good Sam towing for several years. Used it. Glad we had it. Just renewed for three more years. I recommend it

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compare towing rules and distances. My AAA Premium RV gives me up to four tows per year. Tows my truck and trailer so it isnt left behind.

1st tow. Up to 200 miles to the destination of my choice.

2and and subsequent tows. Up to 100 miles to the destination of my choice.

In shopping around, I found that most of not all clubs will only tow to the closest capable repair shop. And that may be where you dont want to go.

Consider this when comparing club benefits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Sam Towing Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    I am in the process of evaluating the above tow insurance and would appreciate any recent experience with the service, good or bad.

Thank you in advance.

Gordon Fuchs
    Back home, Cleveland, Ohio
    Early return due to the virus.
    We bought Good Sam Roadside Assistance for our Roadtrek 190 Popular and Apex 29 foot travel trailer which we used as a combo for our rips. We had an incident
    in which an 18 wheeler totaled the Roadtrek and trailer in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma. Good Sam reimbursed us for the tow of the two vehicles to a salvage
    yard and even though not covered, paid for a couple of nights in a motel. No hassle at all. Highly recommended.,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing about Good Sam Roadside is that there is no mileage limit on towing. Other roadside assistance plans seems like always have pre-set mileage limit. While I'm not too happy about being forced into the Platinum plan, I will probable keep it because of this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm going to re up for the premium plan. The closest repair place to my home is 50 miles away. When we camp I wouldn't know which one would be best, other than my dealer - and I might be hundreds of miles away from them. My regular insurance would kick in after the tow no matter where we got it fixed, and it would need to be right...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had AAA Road Service for about 50 years. Even if you have one of the other Service packages it will usually be a AAA service truck that comes out to you.

As far as FMCA I recently got my membership renewal and for a one year deal they have gone up from $45 to $75. I am NOT going to renew that it is a lot of $$
    for a monthly magazine and every one of their Rally's seem to run about $500 for a weekend. A bit rich for my tastes.

I have a Good Sam card for the 10% discount at Wally World and campgrounds. Also AAA for that and KOA to boot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post

I have a Good Sam card for the 10% discount at Wally World and campgrounds. Also AAA for that and KOA to boot.
    I’m not aware of a discount at Wally World. I don’t see it on the Good Sam site, either...
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post
    ..... I have a Good Sam card for the 10% discount at Wally World and campgrounds. Also AAA for that and KOA to boot.
    Did you mean 10% discount at Camping World? I do not think Good Sam's gets you any discount at Wally World.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the platinum service for over 20 years and have used it a few times. When my truck broke down pulling the trailer, when my trailer had a wheel bearing issue and commuting to work with my scion XD. All these times no issue, called the 800 number and they took care of the rest, all that was needed from me was a signature.

One other time I needed it for the travel trailer near Ellensburg, WA the service failed me in this case. Evidently they did not have a tow company that would work with them and their rates and I was stuck on the side of the road and had to pay the tow service out of pocket. I have not used the extended services that come with platinum yet such as the hotel reimbursement etc. Now that my kids are driving it is nice to know that all the cars are covered regardless of a the trip (running to school or an extended camping trip).

I will renew my platinum service in August when it comes due, just so I have the piece of mind that it will be there if needed.
    Last edited by bcv1218; 03-29-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast