Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost Power to the Switch Panel in my 377MLB Solitude

Last Night we lost power to the of the Switch Panel in my 377 MLB Solitude. The Miain light switches are ok but none of the switches on the panel work. I have no power to the Slide Switches, either awning switch and the rocker switches for the Water Heater, tank heaters, porch lite, flood light, or awning lights have no power. All of the breakers in the main appear to be ok and I am not finding any blown fuses?

Thoughts? Casper

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull the panel off and look for a fuse holder.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely a fuse. Just because the little red light doesn't light indicating a blown fuse doesn't mean it isn't bad. It mostly likely means there is a tiny amount of back current preventing the blown fuse indicator from lighting.

Use a fuse tester or pull them one-by-one and visually check.

On a side note, almost ALL the stuff on the main panel is driven by ONE 15 amp circuit. It is easy to forget to let go of an awning switch when retracting the awning which will over load that circuit; or trying to pull both awnings in at the same time will overload that circuit. (ask me how I know)....

I ran a few separate 15 amp feeds up to that panel for lights and water pump and awnings. It also helped eliminate the main lights flickering too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closer inspection did find a blown 15 AMP Fuse - Power Restored -

Closer inspection did find a blown 15 AMP Fuse - Power Restored - Now I need to figure out why it blew? Thanks for the interest and reply. Casper[
    QUOTE=Casper;285074]Last Night we lost power to the of the Switch Panel in my 377 MLB Solitude. The Miain light switches are ok but none of the switches on the panel work. I have no power to the Slide Switches, either awning switch and the rocker switches for the Water Heater, tank heaters, porch lite, flood light, or awning lights have no power. All of the breakers in the main appear to be ok and I am not finding any blown fuses?

Thoughts? Casper[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Closer inspection did find a blown 15 AMP Fuse - Power Restored - Now I need to figure out why it blew? Thanks for the interest and reply. Casper
    Congrats @Casper, but I thought that @huntr70 had nailed it in his post #2 above.

There probably *is* a 7.5 amp fuse buried in the rat's nest of wires behind the switch panel - there's one in our Solitude - and if it blows then much of the switch panel goes dead. Maybe next time that will be the problem. There are also other in-line fuses hidden in various places around the trailer... water pump and landing gear control panel are two that come to mind. Popping one in the fuse panel is almost too easy.

Best of luck figuring out why the 15 amp fuse blew. Sometimes it seems these trailers are called "recreational vehicles" because there's so much "recreation" in figuring out why they're broken and how to fix them.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made me chuckle -- I expect to spend much recreating time looking into this issue. Thanks Casper