4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid 22750 out the door for our 2020 21bhe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was your cost before sales tax and fees since these components vary. I am currently in the market and haggled down from $24k to $22k on the base sales price by having two dealerships bid against each other.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from dealer. He offered 25k, I countered with 22k, he countered with 23,250. That is about a 17% discount. He had no intentions for going above 17%. The disappointing thing is that I might accept that offer but he was practicing high pressure sleazy salesmanship and it was turning me off to buying the RV outright. He said if I bought elsewhere that the service center would not prioritize repairing the RV when needed; I would be at the back of the line.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daduck99 View Post
    I just got back from dealer. He offered 25k, I countered with 22k, he countered with 23,250. That is about a 17% discount. He had no intentions for going above 17%. The disappointing thing is that I might accept that offer but he was practicing high pressure sleazy salesmanship and it was turning me off to buying the RV outright. He said if I bought elsewhere that the service center would not prioritize repairing the RV when needed; I would be at the back of the line.
    Don't believe everything a salesman tells you. Yes, there are dealerships that may "put you at the back of the line" but there are others that don't. And you can always get a mobile tech, or find your own service facility for work, if a dealer isn't willing to work in a timely manner on your rig.

We got an online quote from a dealer that was about 25% less the the asking price on our rig when we were looking to buy. We took that quote to the local dealer and they matched it. Of course, we were willing to travel to the other place (about 4 hours away) if necessary to buy at that price.

Of course, you could offer "23,250 out the door". That would bring the price down a bit. But you need to be willing to buy elsewhere.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Livinthelife for the strategy of getting a quote from online dealer. I'm just recovering from the bad experience with the salesman. I think I will hit the web this next week and line up some quotes. The guy actually said when I walk you out that door that deal is done and not valid and he went on and on about how the virus situation and he is selling trailers like gang busters. I told him I'm an easy sale, fill out a purchase form, order the RV and I will be back in a month to pick up. Not that hard.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daduck99 View Post
    Thanks Livinthelife for the strategy of getting a quote from online dealer. I'm just recovering from the bad experience with the salesman. I think I will hit the web this next week and line up some quotes. The guy actually said when I walk you out that door that deal is done and not valid and he went on and on about how the virus situation and he is selling trailers like gang busters. I told him I'm an easy sale, fill out a purchase form, order the RV and I will be back in a month to pick up. Not that hard.
    You won't get one for 3 months. Everything GD is building is already sold. I ordered about 30 units in the last week and am told it will be late August to get them. At least half are retail ordered units for customers.
    At this point, if you can find something you like, buy it unless you really are in no hurry.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you buy a 21BHE?

I recently found a few that are decently priced on RVTrader.com. The list price there tends to be much higher than the actual sales price. A dealer in Reno, Nevada had a 2019 21BHE listed for about $25K, and they came down to $21K after some negotiating. I also found a private party in Florida who listed a 2019 21BHE for about $22K and also they came down to a little under $21K.

Those prices look decent but they are too high compared to the "average retail" in the NADAguides. Figuring out a fair market value is a complicated issue, and it requires substantial research. Here are some starting points: https://www.rv-boondocking-adventure.com/nada-rv.html https://www.nadaguides.com/FAQ/values-and-pricing . I also recommend the RV Consumer Group materials. They show a lot of useful information, including the average sale price as a percentage of MSRP. I believe the Imagine XLS models sell for 80% of the MSRP.

Anyway, after many hours of educating myself and negotiating aggressively, I was able to land a 2019 21BHE for $17,995. I just put a deposit on it, and I hope the deal goes through smoothly. If for some reason the deal breaks down (e.g., my inspector finds some major issue with the unit), I'll be back to square one trying to negotiate a good price.

Good luck!
    Don Quijote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello - this model was very difficult for me to find in North Carolina. I ended up finding it in Knoxville about 5 1/2 hours away. I called asked price $25k + WDH Sway Bar. I put $500 down to hold it and drove out to get in last Saturday and camped in up the street from dealer. Very happy with my purchase.