User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tie down points

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigmo1, as I've read through this post, there are always more ways to do something than meets the eye.

I've got several friends on the CVO-Harley forum that use the B&W Biker Bar setup. I see on this thread that others have too.

I installed two Biker Bars in my Raptor with a 12' garage and still have room for my washer/dryer combo in the middle up front and walk around my two Harleys. Mine is setup also for the dual bike tie downs, but I'm sure that with slightly longer straps one could be mounted in the middle.

But after reading and listening to others that have Biker Bar setups, like I just said, I bought two off Facebook Marketplace for $200 each including shipping. That about half price.

Here's a link to my write up of my install. Keep in mind that some brands of toy haulers do NOT have under floor cross bracing that actually touches the plywood, so getting a bit inventive always helps. I also tend to do things with a bit of over kill in mind.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=40502

Good luck with your decision and travel safe.

Thanks and keep well during this virus!

I had to post without the link and then went back in and added the link to Keystone, weird...

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Lockwood; 04-09-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand....I got one similar to the B&W and mounted it in the middle a few inches back from the center d-ring. I drilled the floor and installed threaded inserts and put (4) 5/16 x 3/4 bolts in the mount to the floor. Didnt want to drill into a virgin floor but didnt trust the chock to not move around even w the Road King on it. I will tie from the bottom of the frame criss-cross to the rear two outside d-rings for side to side stability while towing. Because I only transport one motorcycle i need to have the weight centered to balance the RV. It would be great to put it to the side and have the washer/dryer combo in place, but not gonna happen. I will secure that to the side wall using a tie down system, and when parked, move the bike over, and put the washer in place and hook it up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123