User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tie down points

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW, that is a nice setup! It looks like you have some great family fun riding time ahead of you.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks real good men....i think im in. I was just concerned w flex of the bar thats the width of the rv, figured another block and accompaning j-bolt would make it very stout. I certainly appreciate the insight and pics. One more thing, were the parts in stock so shipping was reasonably quick?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    Looks real good men....i think im in. I was just concerned w flex of the bar thats the width of the rv, figured another block and accompaning j-bolt would make it very stout. I certainly appreciate the insight and pics. One more thing, were the parts in stock so shipping was reasonably quick?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    No problem, glad to help. I ordered it on 3/17, got a shipping confirmation on 3/21 and it was delivered 3/26. The website has the owners cell phone number and says you can text him for questions. I sent him a text before ordering and he responded within the hour. Prior to shipping he emailed me to confirm the invoice listed the correct parts, I am very satisfied overall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience was very similar. I bought mine last year on 7/31, it shipped on 8/2, and I had it on 8/8. They also confirmed my order ahead of time before shipping.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already had the "Biker Bar" from B&W Hitches and installed it in our 351M. I did not want to drill holes in our new trailer but I didnt like the tie locations either. The Biker Bar uses a "U" shaped mount plate that is bolt to the floor and removable.When not hauling the Harley, I remove the mounting plate and use generic plastic plugs to place in the holes. It took some doing to install the metal plates that mount underneath the floor. Works great.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also another system that’s very similar to “Bolt It On”
    From Beast Racks
    I’m currently looking at both for my 381

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered it from Bolt It On, supposed to ship out this Friday, 4 chocks total, 1 for the KTM 300 and 3 for mountain bikes
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been hauling a H-D Roadglide in my 349M for two years. Installed a Condor wheel chock centered in the garage just aft of the forward tie-down points that holds the bike upright while I connect two tie-downs from the two outer forward tie-down points to the triple-stem of the bike. Two more tie-downs from the luggage rack frame to the two outer aft tie downs. Works great, never had any problems, still allows some access around the bike. With the Condor chock can slack the forward passenger side tie-down when loading the RV.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigmo1, as I've read through this post, there are always more ways to do something than meets the eye.

I've got several friends on the CVO-Harley forum that use the B&W Biker Bar setup. I see on this thread that others have too.

I installed two Biker Bars in my Raptor with a 12' garage and still have room for my washer/dryer combo in the middle up front and walk around my two Harleys. Mine is setup also for the dual bike tie downs, but I'm sure that with slightly longer straps one could be mounted in the middle.

But after reading and listening to others that have Biker Bar setups, like I just said, I bought two off Facebook Marketplace for $200 each including shipping. That about half price.

Here's a link to my write up of my install. Keep in mind that some brands of toy haulers do NOT have under floor cross bracing that actually touches the plywood, so getting a bit inventive always helps. I also tend to do things with a bit of over kill in mind.

Good luck with your decision and travel safe.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=40502

Thanks and keep well during this virus!

Dan

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I may have double posted. When I hit to reply, it went to the usual screen, but my post did not show up, so I posted it again. The second time it did not show up, so I'm guessing that when it gets ready to show up, that there will be a double posting from me.

Dan

That's weird, my Sorry post just popped right up as normal, but still not the other posts.

Is it possible that since I had a link to another brand forum that it blocked the post?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast