User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Congratulations To Us!!!!!

Wow was it a long freakin' day! We left home at 11:15 this morning for the 1 1/2 hr drive to our dealership and we just got home tonight at 9:15. The trailer arrived from the factory yesterday and they were supper busy trying to prep a lot of trailers before the end of the year. We had a dealer installed B/R A/C which they ducted and they needed a part they had to get from one of their other dealerships. Plus they moved my 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries and my Mor/ryde pin box from the old trailer to the 337. I also swapped our brand new residential mattress which is far nicer than the mattress that came in it. All in all, it was a very long day. To top everything off, by the time we got around to our walk through, it was raining pretty steady so they put the trailer in the shop but the front was still in the rain. Yikes!

I was very surprised to find some of the amenities in this trailer that I didn't know about like all the interior lights are complete LED fixtures! What? They early 2015 unit we saw didn't have that! I was prepared to spend a bunch of money on adding LED bulbs but this is even better.

The only problem we discovered in our walk through was a non-working remote for the fireplace. It works great using the buttons on the unit itself but the remote didn't do anything. There is a battery in it but ziltch. They are going to get a replacement and mail it to us. I think I will try just getting a replacement battery but they want to just get me a whole new remote.

Anyway, the only pictures we got tonight were the 5 person detailing crew working hard to get it cleaned up before we brought it home.

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dream! So happy for you. I am working on replacing my F150 for an F350 6.7L so I can at least think about a 337RLS.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Poppy! We bought our 369RL from Mike Thompson's Fountain Valley back in February and have been enjoying it ever since. We took "Tudee" to the East coast during the summer and then attended the GD Owners Rally on the way home. Now we're looking forward to going to Quartzsite, Az in a few weeks.

Maybe we'll see you on the road... we have family living in Carlsbad.

Kathy

Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

Congratulations Poppy! We bought our 369RL from Mike Thompson's Fountain Valley back in February and have been enjoying it ever since. We took "Tudee" to the East coast during the summer and then attended the GD Owners Rally on the way home. Now we're looking forward to going to Quartzsite, Az in a few weeks.

Maybe we'll see you on the road... we have family living in Carlsbad.

Kathy

OMG, you guys are close Kathy. Our good friends are going to Quartzsite mid-January but we're taking the new trailer up to San Clemente for her shakedown. Do you ever camp at William Heise up in Julian? We love to go up there in the Fall and Spring. Maybe we can get together some time. We take the RV out at least once a month and we are planning our cross country trip for next August and will return whenever we get ready, I'm guessing at least 3 months. Our other big trip in 2015 will be a run up the Oregon coast for 2 weeks with our friends. As far as Mike Thompson's goes, they were great to deal with from start to finish but buying a rig at the end of the year, while it can be financially beneficial as they try to get those last few units sold, can be a real nightmare. We supposedly had an appointment at 1 PM but they were literally 6 hours behind. At one point we almost drove all the way home and were going to come back today but we decided to stick it out. I saw at least 6 trailers get delivered in the time we were there. I really didn't get near the time I wanted with the trailer before the last 2 employees let us out of the gate and locked up behind us! Oh well, if we find any issues on our trip in a couple weeks we will be close by the dealer and we will just take it over and leave it.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your 337RLS. I notice with my fireplace remote that I need to hold it low, about the height of the top of the fireplace.
    Enjoy and happy camping.
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Kev&Gin . . .
    We have to position our fireplace remote exactly as described, to get it to work.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we tried that and still no go. I have a new battery for it and when I get a chance to plug the trailer in to shore power I will test it out.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to our happy family!! You sound as excited as we were last year!! Have had our 369 RL for a year now and wouldn't trade it for anything! Well---unless it would be the new 375 RE! They just keep coming up with more great designs!
    Happy camping!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Happy trails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    OMG, you guys are close Kathy. Our good friends are going to Quartzsite mid-January but we're taking the new trailer up to San Clemente for her shakedown. Do you ever camp at William Heise up in Julian? We love to go up there in the Fall and Spring. Maybe we can get together some time. We take the RV out at least once a month and we are planning our cross country trip for next August and will return whenever we get ready, I'm guessing at least 3 months. Our other big trip in 2015 will be a run up the Oregon coast for 2 weeks with our friends. As far as Mike Thompson's goes, they were great to deal with from start to finish but buying a rig at the end of the year, while it can be financially beneficial as they try to get those last few units sold, can be a real nightmare.

Yes, we do live close together... of course folks outside of California might think that an hour's drive is not very close but that's California thinking for you! We live up in San Diego Country Estates but haven't camped at William Heise County park which is only about 10-15 miles away. We usually just take the motorcycle up on a day trip to Julian for their famous apple pie.

Tudee was our second 5th wheel purchase from Mike Thompson's. The first was a new 2005 Montana 3400RL that we traded for Tudee. Thompsons' sold it in less than a week! We don't use the dealer for repairs since it's quite a trip to haul Tudee down the mountain and then head for L.A. Grand Design has allowed us to use a local company here in town for warranty repairs. Grand Design is such a wonderful company and they go the extra mile to make sure their customers are satisfied.

Hope you have a successful shakedown trip with few problems. Too bad you aren't going to Quartzsite so we could meet. At the end of the month Jim will be having knee replacement surgery and as soon as he is able we will be heading back to Grand Design to the service dept. in Bristol, In for repair of damage that happened last summer. I hope you have a chance to attend the 2nd Annual Grand Design Owner's Rally in Sept. while you're on your trip back east. It will be well worth your while and a lot of fun.

Safe travels...

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif