User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tommy T

Will slide topper fit ?

We have a 2014 - 293 RES Reflection , would like to put slide topper awnings on all 3 slides. I've heard there might not be enough room for topper hardware next to main door awning (might hit) ? My dealer has not been much help.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi tommy, we have a 293 reflection and we just had all three slide toppers installed at camping world.
    they seem to fit very well. I can see a slight modification to the refridgerator exhaust panel to get slide 2 cover the fit.

Tommy T
    Thanks Melbin. What brand awnings did you use ?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had dometic deluxe toppers installed, around 1700. for all three, did not have covers installed missed that when I ordered I would recommend them though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Reflection 303 with three slide toppers installed by the GD dealer.
    You are right that clearance between the main awning and the topper is really tight. Our awning arm just barely touches the slide topper end, on the way by. This is on the warranty list for our next dealer visit, but as is, is not a big deal. If I put a little side pressure on the awning arm as it goes past the topper, it will pass without touching.
    Unfortunately, we are not at the RV so I can't tell you topper brand.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a problem is with the slider to the left of the front door. The space between the slide and the front door is very small, and the awning needs to be one size smaller than normal so the right side won't interfere with the electric awning.

My dealer quoted $600 each installed. He didn't account that one was 12' wide, one was even larger, and two are maybe 6' each in length. $2400 is more than I really want to spend. Such sliders can be bought on Amazon.com starting around $300.

UTube.com has virtually every job task illustrated on an RV, including how to install slider toppers. After seeing the video, the job is something easily done by a handy owner.

I'll get around to installing slider toppers later this year. But for now, I'll be climbing the ladder and brooming off any trash and water prior to retracting the slides.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

UTube.com has virtually every job task illustrated on an RV, including how to install slider toppers. After seeing the video, the job is something easily done by a handy owner.

I'll get around to installing slider toppers later this year. But for now, I'll be climbing the ladder and brooming off any trash and water prior to retracting the slides.
    I climb the ladder too, but use a small leaf blower for cleaning. We I to do it over, I would get a battery operated leaf blower for boondocking.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer is installing 3 slides toppers on my 293. Haven't been told that they won't fit but haven't got my trailer back yet.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they'll fit, or they wouldn't design them. The trick is having Reflection experience and recognizing a slightly shorter awning may be needed vs. other brands of trailers.

I see you're in Ontario. I would have thought you'd have been in Florida for the winter by now with all the other Canadians.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a dealer stand point, we know that any RV with a door side slide up against the door has to get a slightly smaller topper installed...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast