User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 337RLS Grey Waste Tanks

I've got a 2018 Reflection 337 RLS, with 2 gray waste tanks. Does anyone know which one is which from the board (gray 1 vs 2)? Just curious in case I have to boondock this thing for a while.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One is for the kitchen and the other is for the shower and bathroom sink. First, I made sure both grey tanks were empty. Then, I let the water run in the bathroom for 15 minutes filling up that tank. I pulled one grey tank handle to drain. If water came out, that one was the bathroom. If nothing, then it was the kitchen sink. I used a sharpy to label the vales.
    Pat & Karen Maryland
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
    Nothing like having a 2 bedroom 1 bath 5th wheel mobile apartment.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I've got a 2018 Reflection 337 RLS, with 2 gray waste tanks. Does anyone know which one is which from the board (gray 1 vs 2)? Just curious in case I have to boondock this thing for a while.
    In my experience with two GD trailers they are numbered front-to-back, so the bathroom is #1 , kitchen #2 . The gray dump valve handles are front-to-back as well... the front-most one dumps the bathroom tank nearer the front of the trailer, the rearmost one dumps the kitchen tank nearer the rear of the trailer.

As @Pat and Karen advised it's pretty easy to check. Dump all tanks, put a bunch of water in one, then check the panel level indicators and dump them one at a time to see which one has water in it.

If you're asking because you want to rely upon those level indicators when boondocking to know how full is each tank, gird yourself for the likelihood that the indicators will mislead you... they are notorious for that. You may be able to keep yours reporting reasonably accurately by using a soap-and-softener routine called the "GEO Method"... you can Google that for more information.

Hope this helps.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Since inception of the Reflection fivers (303 and 337 at least) the forward most valve has for the kitchen tank. The middle valve is for the BR shower and sink. The far rear valve is for the black tank. I am not positive if this has changed over the years but certainly could have.

It is easy to confirm which grey is which by observing the pull/push length when opening or closing the valve. The kitchen has a 1/1/2" pipe and thus a corresponding movement. The bath is the tradition 3" sewer pipe thus a corresponding 3" movement.

It is always good to verify which tank cable is in what location on the water panel since it has been known that occasionally the factory has not installed the cables on the water panel in the correct location. This is not a problem affecting the operation but is always good to know which tank is being controlled by which valve handle for various reasons.

On the attached picture from our 303, you can see the forward kitchen valve (all valves are open in the picture) has a shorter shaft length matching the 1 1/2" kitchen tank pipe and thus valve.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171026_092723.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	25473
    Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 03-23-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Since inception of the Reflection fivers (303 and 337 at least) the forward most valve has for the kitchen tank. The middle valve is for the BR shower and sink. The far rear valve is for the black tank. I am not positive if this has changed over the years but certainly could have.
    On our 2018 Solitude, left to right / front to back handles are black, bathroom gray, kitchen gray. Our 2018 Reflection 320MKS drained the kitchen gray through a separate outlet with the separate handle near it towards the rear of the trailer but IIRC handles were still black, bathroom gray, and then (separated) kitchen gray.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    On our 2018 Solitude, left to right / front to back handles are black, bathroom gray, kitchen gray. Our 2018 Reflection 320MKS drained the kitchen gray through a separate outlet with the separate handle near it towards the rear of the trailer but IIRC handles were still black, bathroom gray, and then (separated) kitchen gray.
    Yes, no question different models have different locations. Since the OP was asking about a 337, hopefully we got that covered. Will be interesting to find out what they determine on their 337. A "crapshoot" at times !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Reflection 337RLS and had to do the trial and error method. Left to right is Kitchen sink, Bathroom Sink/Shower, Black.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on a semi-sidetrack of this thread, our 320 likewise has two gray and one black. my gauge position may differ from the 337 but my gray tank gauge for shower is next to the black tank with gallery gray tank last.
    The question i have is can you anywhere find out how big each of those tanks are? total roughly 76 gal, but size of each? sure i assume "shower" gray tank is bigger but how much.
    Eric
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashcom View Post
    on a semi-sidetrack of this thread, our 320 likewise has two gray and one black. my gauge position may differ from the 337 but my gray tank gauge for shower is next to the black tank with gallery gray tank last.
    The question i have is can you anywhere find out how big each of those tanks are? total roughly 76 gal, but size of each? sure i assume "shower" gray tank is bigger but how much.
    Eric
    Eric - not certain if the same as your 320 but our shower/BR sink grey is 43 gallons. The kitchen grey is 32 for a total of 75 grey water. Black is 43 gallons.

You can call GDRV Customer Service 574 825 9679 with your VIN and they can share the tank sizes. Rolling production changes can affect many things, possibly even tank sizes as we have seen over the years. Recent year model changes have seen tank sizes increase as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol