User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Yes I knew about the isolator valves but thank you for the reminder. I need to play with those and mark them which is which. It's one of those things I need to get "around to" lol.
    If you get them mapped out please post a diagram here... at least in theory all GD-installed six-jack hydraulic systems *should* be connected the same way, right?

FWIW - and it's not worth much - I was quickly flummoxed by them when the top seal blew on our center jack on the passenger side. I was pretty agitated and impatient - having just found out that instead of departing for our next reservation we were going to be stranded for a week - but I fiddled with them for a couple of minutes trying to see if I could get the other jacks to come up. The slides and jacks seemed to be working together in counter-intuitive ways to increase my frustration, but that may have just been the ignorant and upset operator.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    If you get them mapped out please post a diagram here... at least in theory all GD-installed six-jack hydraulic systems *should* be connected the same way, right?
    Assuming they are all the "same", my most forward valve will isolate the curb side slide and the aft valve isolates the street side slide.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Assuming they are all the "same", my most forward valve will isolate the curb side slide and the aft valve isolates the street side slide.

Mine is just the opposite. I close the aft valve to stop the driver's side slide from operating. Best thing is to close one and see what moves.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Mine is just the opposite. I close the aft valve to stop the driver's side slide from operating. Best thing is to close one and see what moves.
    Not surprised at all. If you look at the electrical mess of wiring GD did, you know there is no standard, why would the hydraulics be any different.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Yes I knew about the isolator valves but thank you for the reminder. I need to play with those and mark them which is which. It's one of those things I need to get "around to" lol.
    When marking the valves I found them to be confusing...

If you want to extend the curbside only, you need to turn the driver's side valve (and visa versa). Kinda confusing.

Consequently, I labeled my valves to say "Controls Kitchen Slide" and "Controls Dining Slide", this way we know which slide we do not want to extend and turn that valve.

By-the-way, I placed the labels on the Propane door so that when it is open I can read the labels.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    When marking the valves I found them to be confusing...

If you want to extend the curbside only, you need to turn the driver's side valve (and visa versa). Kinda confusing.

Consequently, I labeled my valves to say "Controls Kitchen Slide" and "Controls Dining Slide", this way we know which slide we do not want to extend and turn that valve.

By-the-way, I placed the labels on the Propane door so that when it is open I can read the labels.
    Thank you for the helpful tips, I will play with them today and get them marked.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12