User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303 on order that was scheduled to come off the line on 3-27 with a delivery about a week to 10 days after that. Just got call from dealer and plant is shutting down Wednesday 3-25 until 4-12. Unfortunately ours won’t be done but will we even be able to use anyway. Good luck and just hang in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same thing is happening here. It sucks. I had a couple of things that were supposed to be delivered to me too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollins362 View Post
    Folks,

I can't be the only one in this position. We were due to take delivery of our Imagine 2500RL at the end of this week. The dealer says GD has not given any updates due to the pandemic and it's impact on businesses. Who else in this predicament as well? What has anyone heard?

Thanks

Joe
    Could be worse. Have had ours since January and cant use it. Sucks making payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman53 View Post
    Could be worse. Have had ours since January and cant use it. Sucks making payments.

Same, although ours is still at the dealer lot until we can pick it up in May. At least the storage is free at our dealer but we have already started payments and can't even go sit in it out in the driveway or start mods I have planned for storage areas etc...

As for those saying what's the point we won't be able to use them, we will. This too shall pass and come summer at some point we will all be enjoying what time we can in our lovely Grand Design's.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L
    B&W Companion non-slider Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post

As for those saying what's the point we won't be able to use them, we will. This too shall pass and come summer at some point we will all be enjoying what time we can in our lovely Grand Design's.
    I hope you are right, Jackwagon. Somehow I think this thing is with us for sometime, my usual glass half full attitude has changed to a glass half empty attitude. Provincial parks are closed and a friend informed me a private RV park he has used for over 10 years in June has refunded his deposit and will be closed for the year.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not holding my breath for the factory to reopen on 4/12. If lives are spared, our RV can wait. Ours is (was) supposed to be in the build queue for April delivery. Pretty sure that’s not happening.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    I’m not holding my breath for the factory to reopen on 4/12. If lives are spared, our RV can wait. Ours is (was) supposed to be in the build queue for April delivery. Pretty sure that’s not happening.
    Our situation and thoughts exactly. Plus, as said above, better to be not-yet-built than to be sitting at home with me staring at it out my window. We'll spend our shelter in place time dreaming up mods.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    I hope you are right, Jackwagon. Somehow I think this thing is with us for sometime, my usual glass half full attitude has changed to a glass half empty attitude. Provincial parks are closed and a friend informed me a private RV park he has used for over 10 years in June has refunded his deposit and will be closed for the year.
    It could be with us for quite a while, that's for sure. This "close the parks" thing, that really does make me scratch my head. Lots of people go to RV parks from cities, there's a TON more personal space/isolation in any RV park than there is in a condo building/apartment complex. RV parks aren't typically "downtown", they are typically way out of the "hot zone". And in the few nights I've spent in an RV park so far, I don't think, absent check in, I've EVER been within 6' of another person, let alone with any regularity. In short, if you have to be somewhere during this, and your choices are "city apartment" or "RV in any KOA anywhere USA", I'd think your chances of catching/spreading are FAR lower in the KOA. I'm also a bit baffled at the parks closing trails and other outdoor activities. Ugh, have you ever been hiking? I have, in fact, I went this weekend, and I can tell you, I was 99.9% of the time not even within SIGHT of another person, let alone in the 6' distance. It seems of all the activities you could do, RV'ing is, at worst, "slightly more risky than staying at home" (for someone like me, I'm sure it is, I can't even see my neighbors from my house and have land in every direction between me and then, I'm more isolated here than any RV park I've ever been to) to "a hell of a lot less risky than staying home" (for someone who lives in a city/densely populated area/condo building/etc). Make everything "online only" and remove all interaction with staff, spread out the RV's as much as possible, tell people not to get close to one another. Seems reasonable. But "stay home, tape your front door closed and wait for a few months" seems to be the request, and, while the "best" option, it's also not very likely. Just like closing some RV parks, what's going to (or already is) happening? The parks that are still open are going to be packed to the gills because there's so many less places available to go. Increasing the density, exactly the thing that you don't want to do!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fear that part of what we are seeing is that businesses are closing or curtailing "due to the virus" and then doing repairs and upgrades and letting their employees sign up for unemployment. We have a local national chain sandwich shop franchisee who has closed and using the time for remodeling. I don't think that they can honestly clam that the virus closed them as I watched a steady stream of people pass under the light "OPEN" sign then walk back out and go to either the pizza shop 2 doors up on one side or the Chinese place four doors down or the other. The workers already know that they will be going back to work May 1, and say that the closing was planned months ago, but has been moved up. The owners have already told them that if they get the bailout, then they will be paid the difference between the average weekly pay and what they get from unemployment. Some people are already looking for the silver lining.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman53 View Post

Picked it up 2/8/20. Making payments. Haven't used it yet but I'm setting it up getting it ready.

Currently setting up a backyard campsite. I'll go camping this spring even if all I have to do is walk to the backyard.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast