User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    It is looking more and more like 2020 will be a write off. Friend of the family works in Banff, both she and her husband have been laid off. The town is basically shut down, the only ones happy about that are the local elk. Sounds like you had a great adventure planned, I guess the course at Pinehurst is closed eh?
    While I don't play gold anymore..it is actually still open but I think the hotel, etc is closed, as are eating facilities, except carry out.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you are de-winterizing up north? I returned from Florida 2 weeks ago and am planning to re-winterize. I haven't yet but it did go to 32 one night last week, going to be about 70 next couple days. I have to watch the weather close in April in PA.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week I installed a 50amp service on the side of our country cabin for the RV. Cost less than $100 for all materials. The RV is close enough to the cabin where we even get good WiFi. Having the RV next to the cabin gives us extra pantry space and an additional refrigerator to store food for a month or longer.

We are staying isolated from other people and we have camped in our RV several times last week. It also gave me time to work on the RV. I installed a real battery cutoff switch and installed dimmers for the living area and bedroom overhead LEDs. Also bought some bubble insulation and cut custom sun shields for the windows.

I’m fortunate that my wife and I have also been best friends for over 50 years so we get along great.

Last edited by Jerryr; 04-05-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we got back from the Smokey Mountains our brand new trailer has been sitting next to the house and pluged into a 20 amp circuit so the furnace and lights are on. We hooked it up and took it out a few days ago so Patti could gain confidence in driving the rig. We drove south and picked up I-81 about 30 miles south of Syracuse, where we discovered traffic was as light as I have ever seen it. A few trucks, a couple of cars and a couple of other RVs. The only time I'd seen less traffic was during a blizzard at 4am.

I have ordered the things I need to run our cpap machines on 12 volt when we boondock. But some of the parts aren't going to show up for weeks.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We used to get mad at those that had generators out in the woods. We went there for the quiet and sounds of nature. Then all we got was the sound of an engine running where it had no place to be. We used solar which kept our battery up. We spent all our time outside and only needed the lights on occasion. Of course that was after doing the tent thing for more than 20 years. The tent camping I believe was the most fun we had while camping.
    My wife and I started tent camping with friends and family. Tent city wherever we went and it was a blast. In the crowd was usually around 5 or 6 lake boats so we usually went to Lake Berryessa in Napa county, Ca. Then we got a nice 28' Class C which I could still tow and launch my boat. I sold that after inheriting a 35' Class A. We went out to the coast plenty of times with that and it was very comfortable but we were stuck at the campsite with no vehicle to see the sites, shop, and eat at restaurants. It's for sale out front. haha. I started the process of purchasing my 1st new 5th wheel 6 weeks ago. We had reservations with 5 other trailers for Doran Beach, Ca on 04-03-20 but they closed. We all switched to Lawson's Landing but they eventually closed too. I emailed a couple of private campgrounds and here is the answer I got from one of them.
    Ready for this?
    He wrote, "This is a pandemic Sir, not a vacation opportunity."
    Ain't that a bitch? I had to laugh though because the truth is funny sometimes.....********. Anyways, because of the pandemic delaying my receipt of the GD Reflection 295RL, I just brought it home a couple of days ago. We packed the truck with dry supplies, (pots/pans/utensils, paper products, top ramen, spam, etc), and we took her to a high school parking lot for the day. Lit off one of my new Yamaha generators, watched tv, enjoyed an electric fire, ate a sandwich, packed her up, and went home. Fun times.

Obviously, I am new here.

Richard Luke, Aka...Kanaka
    New 2019 Reflection 295RL
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel
    US Army Vet
    Made in Hawaii. Live in Norcal now
    Married 30 years with 5 grown children
    Still working as a Master mechanic, electrical
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Downloads from Galaxy A10 155.jpg   20200405_164348 (1).jpg   20200405_163737 (1).jpg  

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmick35 View Post
    Wow you are de-winterizing up north? I returned from Florida 2 weeks ago and am planning to re-winterize. I haven't yet but it did go to 32 one night last week, going to be about 70 next couple days. I have to watch the weather close in April in PA.
    Understand, been there done that. When living in Brockville in eastern Ontario, we had snow at Easter that drifted to the handlebars on my motorcycle, about 5 years later I got the worst sunburn I’ve had while building a deck on Easter weekend. The one thing you can depend on is not to depend on the weather.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just uncovering not de winterizing yet. The excitement of the new rig wanted to get inside to start making it homey. So much for that

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to own a cottage in Elgin Ontario. Lake Opinicon. The Brockville home depot was my go to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123