Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ON board water pump leaking and failing

Hi All:
    Heads up on the 303RLS on board water pump leaking. We were connected to city water and I noticed that the basement was wet.. Open up the rear paneling and found the water pump was spraying a fine mist of water out of the housing. The water flooded the basement, no damage there really, but the water filled up the belly pan with so much weight that the pan tore in two places. We called "Next Level RV LLC" of Belleview Florida and Sean did a very good job fixing all the problems. He was on time, he knew stuff, and was fair priced.

If your water pump doesn't cycle off sometime take a look at the housing and see if their is a pin whole in the housing.

Festus Burchfield
    303RLS 2017 (Merlyn)
    2007 2500HD Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you mention that. Mine started cycling ever so little when all water valves in rv were off. I tore into it to check fittings. I noticed a small weeping in the housing.....wiped it down to make sure.....ordered a new one. Replaced and took old one to totally apart. For the life of me I could find no area in housing that was comprised. At least by the naked eye......weird. Bad housing batch?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this problem pop up in the Facebook group page. Seems to be a lot of water pumps leaking. I'm not sure if everyone was within their warranty period but it seems GD or the manufacture should be aware and take action to replace or even do a recall.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    I saw this problem pop up in the Facebook group page. Seems to be a lot of water pumps leaking. I'm not sure if everyone was within their warranty period but it seems GD or the manufacture should be aware and take action to replace or even do a recall.
    I didn't experience the leak, but after two GD trailers with pump issues concluded that the cheap yellow Lippert pump favored by GD is a weakness. Those having trouble may want to consider alternatives rather than get a warranty replacement that may be a problem again.

When the never-used pump in our Solitude failed to work after trying the various pump-fail remedies found here, even though under warranty I bought a SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump.

It appears to be a discontinued product now but it works like a champ... finding another product with similar specs may be a better idea than installing another cheap Lippert pump.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got almost two years out of my water pump before it started leaking . Did upgrade to a Shurflo also found 2 of the T fitting dripping replaced their compression hose clamps with old fashion hose clamp.
    Pat and Bill with Kaycee the Shar-Pei Hound and Abby the Shar-Pei Beagle in our hearts.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3 Godzilla 3.73 locking axle
    Andersen Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original was the shur flo
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    My original was the shur flo
    Not doubting you, but that's odd.

Our 2018 Reflection 320MKS was built in December, 2017, yellow Lippert pump. Our 2018 Solitude was built in November, 2018, yellow Lippert pump.

Maybe GD uses Shurflo when they can't get supply of the Lippert pump. They likely prefer the Lippert because it's cheap - at retail prices I've seen it priced about 50% less than the Shurflo. So far, I'm convinced the Shurflo is worth the money.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2018 303RLS had a water pump that would burp every 10 minutes or so. Had Lazy Days Tucson look at it under warranty and their disaster of a service department could find no problem. At the Quartzite rally two weeks later I asked the GD service guy (who use to work for Lippert) if he had heard of similar problems. All he did was ask if it had a yellow label and smiled knowingly!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does appear there is a likely quality control issue with the pumps mentioned. I hear a lot of the water pump issues appear after bringing the trailer out for the spring and wonder if a side issue is possible lower temps or irregularities in the winterizing process. Does using air only really get all the water out of the lines/pump etc.

Just curious
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Not doubting you, but that's odd.

Our 2018 Reflection 320MKS was built in December, 2017, yellow Lippert pump. Our 2018 Solitude was built in November, 2018, yellow Lippert pump.

Maybe GD uses Shurflo when they can't get supply of the Lippert pump. They likely prefer the Lippert because it's cheap - at retail prices I've seen it priced about 50% less than the Shurflo. So far, I'm convinced the Shurflo is worth the money.
    My old one
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200124_114324.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	25492
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast