User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silverado 2500 HD

So, I have been exploring the Ford F250, Ram 2500 and now Silverado 2500HD over the past month for the fifth wheel. The Ram has been dismissed from the competition because the front-seat bench seat for my daughter does not have a shoulder strap. Both the Ford and Chevy do. We were close to pulling the trigger on the Ford, but we wanted to explore the Chevy. The DW likes the way the Chevy looks and I am not a brand die hard in any way. I am looking to pull the GD 295RL with either the F250 or 2500HD gas engine. Is anyone pulling with a Sierra or Silverado HD? What has been your experience.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really related to your question, but we were in the same boat and needed a front bench seat for our oldest daughter. The middle seat isnt huge and we went with Ford. I'd recommend the 3 of you test fit the front bench option to see which has more room if any, I didnt do that. I feel it is a little cramped up front, but our kids have obviously grown in the 3.5 years we've had the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Not really related to your question, but we were in the same boat and needed a front bench seat for our oldest daughter. The middle seat isnt huge and we went with Ford. I'd recommend the 3 of you test fit the front bench option to see which has more room if any, I didnt do that. I feel it is a little cramped up front, but our kids have obviously grown in the 3.5 years we've had the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks great suggestion. We have test driven the ford and our daughter fits perfectly in it. We wanted to test drive the 2500 but got caught in the shelter-in-place order in our state. Both of us have started to like the look of the Silverado. That is a great idea.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak for my experience and I am pulling with diesel. SRW. The 2020 Silverado is a beast. More towing capacity, more payload, and so far this thing rides like a champ. I personally just came out of a 2019 Silverado only because of the increased towing capacity.
    I am towing a 395 Momentum toyhauler. Now, I know that the diesel version of anything is more expensive but I have been towing this that or the other thing all my life and I will never go back to gas. Everyday driving I am pushing around 18MPG AVG. back and forth to work. 58 miles a day. Nobody is touching that. Its even doing better than the 2019 and I am assuming it has to do with the 10 speed. I was towing our old toyhauler 35' tow behind at a blazing 5.7 MPG with gas. the diesel truck seems to be a steady 12 pulling the fifth wheel. As for the Silverado, comfort, tons of rear seat room, nicer rear box (more tiedowns), All the bells and whistles plenty of power. My son just bought the 2500 Gas coming out of a 16 gas and he loves the added power and economy. he is a contractor and pulls 9k construction trailer daily. Hope that helps. Freddie's need to stick together .
    Kick Corona's ******!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200305_181524.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	25598

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I can only speak for my experience and I am pulling with diesel. SRW. The 2020 Silverado is a beast. More towing capacity, more payload, and so far this thing rides like a champ. I personally just came out of a 2019 Silverado only because of the increased towing capacity.
    I am towing a 395 Momentum toyhauler. Now, I know that the diesel version of anything is more expensive but I have been towing this that or the other thing all my life and I will never go back to gas. Everyday driving I am pushing around 18MPG AVG. back and forth to work. 58 miles a day. Nobody is touching that. Its even doing better than the 2019 and I am assuming it has to do with the 10 speed. I was towing our old toyhauler 35' tow behind at a blazing 5.7 MPG with gas. the diesel truck seems to be a steady 12 pulling the fifth wheel. As for the Silverado, comfort, tons of rear seat room, nicer rear box (more tiedowns), All the bells and whistles plenty of power. My son just bought the 2500 Gas coming out of a 16 gas and he loves the added power and economy. he is a contractor and pulls 9k construction trailer daily. Hope that helps. Freddie's need to stick together .
    Kick Corona's ******!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200305_181524.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	25598
    Thanks screamineagle, appreciated. Very helpful information.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck talking your wife into that. LOL

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck talking your wife into that. LOL
    Forum hint: use the "Reply With Quote" (as I've done here) and folks will know to whom/what you are responding.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided to pull the trigger on the 2020 Silverado 2500HD LT over the F250. Bigger engine and more fifth wheel two capacity. We take delivery of the truck on Monday.
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 04-03-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    We decided to pull the trigger on the 2020 Silverado 2500HD LT over the F250. Bigger engine and more fifth wheel two capacity. We take delivery of the truck on Monday.
    Nice send me a picture. How did you pry it out of the dealership?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice send me a picture. How did you pry it out of the dealership?
    We spent the last two weeks just trying to see if anything was on the lot that was close to what we wanted. First time in my life I would request a price from a dealer and got nothing in response. We found the LT on the lot locally, about 20 miles from the house. We sent an inquiry about the truck and got a response. It cost a bit more than we wanted, but I think the dealer wanted it off the lot because he came way off the price; we got it below dealer invoice. I also had him throw in a spray in bed liner for free. I know he is not feeling any pain on the deal because he got 3% kick back from GM for selling the truck. They delivered it for a test drive and we signed papers. Once the entire deal was done the salesman gave me the skinny. This was a model that was ordered for another lady about three months ago and she backed out of the deal. The LT is the middle tier version of the truck and most people either want the basic or the high country. They were having problems getting it off the lot. It was perfect for us because we it can two 16k and has a payload of 3500. We were looking at the WT version but to the LT for about same price. Minor differences, but it looks pretty good to me. I will try to figure out how to post a picture. This forum will not allow me to upload a pic.
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 04-03-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast