User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics per request. I did not like any of the boards that came with the truck so I picked up some nerf boards on Amazon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0984.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	25810

Name:	IMG_0988.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	25811

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	25812

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    So, I have been exploring the Ford F250, Ram 2500 and now Silverado 2500HD over the past month for the fifth wheel. The Ram has been dismissed from the competition because the front-seat bench seat for my daughter does not have a shoulder strap. Both the Ford and Chevy do. We were close to pulling the trigger on the Ford, but we wanted to explore the Chevy. The DW likes the way the Chevy looks and I am not a brand die hard in any way. I am looking to pull the GD 295RL with either the F250 or 2500HD gas engine. Is anyone pulling with a Sierra or Silverado HD? What has been your experience.
    If you plan on keeping a GM 2500HD for a long time just be aware that my 2002 Sierra 2500HD has so many electrical problems I've lost count. Switches fail, gizmos fail, sensors fail, I've replaced some switches two or three times over the past 8 years...you get the picture. Also GM parts support sucks once you get some years on your vehicle. They even quit making and stocking safety-related stuff like anti-lock brake modulators...had to get one from a junkyard, no GM parts supplier in the country had a new one.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    If you plan on keeping a GM 2500HD for a long time just be aware that my 2002 Sierra 2500HD has so many electrical problems I've lost count. Switches fail, gizmos fail, sensors fail, I've replaced some switches two or three times over the past 8 years...you get the picture. Also GM parts support sucks once you get some years on your vehicle. They even quit making and stocking safety-related stuff like anti-lock brake modulators...had to get one from a junkyard, no GM parts supplier in the country had a new one.
    My last truck I bought from Chevy after the 2016 flood ran without any problems. I drove it for the last 4 years without ever needing to be in the shop except for oil changes and a new tire. I think both Ford and GM have improved their production since 2002. But, I agree, this is the first model year for their 6.6 engine. Therefore, we decided to get the GM extended warranty for 5 years bumper-to-bumper, something I do not normally do. It is a bit of a gamble anytime you buy a new car, such is life.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice truck, My son bought the exact same one. he loves it. he pulls a 8K construction trailer every week and says it pulls great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    Nice truck, My son bought the exact same one. he loves it. he pulls a 8K construction trailer every week and says it pulls great.
    This is great news. The trailer we are looking to pull will be about 9k.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    This is great news. The trailer we are looking to pull will be about 9k.
    Is that 9K the dry weight on the 5er you are looking at? If so, take the GVWR x .20 and you'll get an estimated pin weight for when you are loaded up for a trip. Add up that estimate, the weight of the hitch, fuel, people and other stuff in the truck to get an estimated payload against your door sticker. Just a estimate however - recommend after all is said and one you get across the CAT scales so you know how your actual stacks up against payload as well as truck and trailer axle capacities.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Is that 9K the dry weight on the 5er you are looking at? If so, take the GVWR x .20 and you'll get an estimated pin weight for when you are loaded up for a trip. Add up that estimate, the weight of the hitch, fuel, people and other stuff in the truck to get an estimated payload against your door sticker. Just a estimate however - recommend after all is said and one you get across the CAT scales so you know how your actual stacks up against payload as well as truck and trailer axle capacities.
    No the dry way is like 7900 lbs. I was figuring another 1000 to 1500 lbs for people and stuff we put in the RV. We really do not load our current RV down with much. Last time I weighted the current trailer, it was about the same, 1k to 1.5k extra weight over dry weight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice truck and nice choice. I want the 2020, but since I just got the 2019 I'll need to wait a few years. My 6.0 pulls just fine, but the 6.6 would be loads better!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow with a GMC 2500HD Duramax. I have the Reflection 150 295 RL.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15FD48EE-BA2E-4B51-803A-5906224CCE97.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1,006.8 KB 
ID:	26116
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Nice truck and nice choice. I want the 2020, but since I just got the 2019 I'll need to wait a few years. My 6.0 pulls just fine, but the 6.6 would be loads better!
    Super happy with the way it pulls the 150 series fiver.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123