User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    We spent the last two weeks just trying to see if anything was on the lot that was close to what we wanted. First time in my life I would request a price from a dealer and got nothing in response. We found the LT on the lot locally, about 20 miles from the house. We sent an inquiry about the truck and got a response. It cost a bit more than we wanted, but I think the dealer wanted it off the lot because he came way off the price; we got it below dealer invoice. I also had him throw in a spray in bed liner for free. I know he is not feeling any pain on the deal because he got 3% kick back from GM for selling the truck. They delivered it for a test drive and we signed papers. Once the entire deal was done the salesman gave me the skinny. This was a model that was ordered for another lady about three months ago and she backed out of the deal. The LT is the middle tier version of the truck and most people either want the basic or the high country. They were having problems getting it off the lot. It was perfect for us because we it can two 16k and has a payload of 3500. We were looking at the WT version but to the LT for about same price. Minor differences, but it looks pretty good to me. I will try to figure out how to post a picture. This forum will not allow me to upload a pic.
    You should see a banner where it show the font size and stuff over on the right you will see something that looks like a picture frame click on that and it will tell you upload imige from your phone or computer. good luck. yes they have some great deals out there right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Get the Chevy

So, I have been exploring the Ford F250, Ram 2500 and now Silverado 2500HD over the past month for the fifth wheel. The Ram has been dismissed from the competition because the front-seat bench seat for my daughter does not have a shoulder strap. Both the Ford and Chevy do. We were close to pulling the trigger on the Ford, but we wanted to explore the Chevy. The DW likes the way the Chevy looks and I am not a brand die hard in any way. I am looking to pull the GD 295RL with either the F250 or 2500HD gas engine. Is anyone pulling with a Sierra or Silverado HD? What has been your experience.
    The GMC with the 6.6 Gas pulls a 34 foot fifth wheel very well. When you mash down the gas, the horses come alive. Gets about 9 MPG towing.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 2020 F350 SRW ,4X4, XLT , crew cab , long bed ,7.3 gas 10speed , 3.73’s ,So far the fuel mileage is better than I expected and the power was more than I expected , If you have any questions feel free to ask

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided to pull the trigger on the 2020 Silverado 2500HD LT over the F250. Bigger engine and more fifth wheel two capacity. We take delivery of the truck on Monday.

GM does indeed have more payload because they abandoned the 10,000 lb issue for 3/4 ton trucks this past year. Ford for some reason has stuck to it. But GM across the board has technically smaller engines. Ford does have a 6.2 gas V8 but they also released a 7.3 gas V8 when comparing it against the GM 6.6 gas V8. I’m sure the truck will suit you well. Safe travels

Explanation of GM payload differences.
    YouTube Big Truck Big RV GM 3/4 ton trucks now class 3
    Last edited by Rn29306; 04-08-2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Attach payload video

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My next truck will be a Ford or GM 3/4 ton gas motor and fairly soon by mid summer. One thing to consider is the fact that GM put a 6 speed on their 6.6. The testing done by The Fast Lane Truck indicates this was not a good pairing. GM knew Ford was releasing a more powerful gas motor and a 10 speed transmission so this is a bit puzzling.

Here is the video. I like both of them. Not GM bashing but something to be aware of.

Apparently I don’t know how to embed a video. YouTube The New 2020 Chevy Silverado Gasser Broke Our Ike...
    Silver truck on video.

Here is the Ford for comparison.
    YouTube 2020 Ford F-250 Godzilla 7.3L V8 Gets Maxed Out on The....
    Blue truck.
    Last edited by Rn29306; 04-08-2020 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Attaching video

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion would be to reconsider the gas engine.
    I would choose a diesel tow vehicle simply for the convenience of fueling at truck lanes. We tow a 32 foot bumper pull trailer (2670MK) and have been in a couple of stations where I had to 3 point turn to get out (in my previous gas engine, short wheelbase, tight turning TV). Something as simple as someone parking shallow in a space could force you to wait or you may have to drive in between the store ant the pumps and then back into a pump, possibly partially blocking some traffic. With the TSD fuel card, we always pay less than the advertised price at truck stops (in network, of course) and there is DEF at the pump. A diesel holds it's value longer and generally gets better mileage too.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you looking at prices, please look at Laura GMC. This is the closest dealer I’ve found to be a GM volume dealer. They want to move vehicles not talk about it for a week. Their prices are hard to believe and it’s not a game. No suprises. My brother bought a HD from them. Flew out. Airport driver from the dealer and while he had a company check, he was on the road in a little over an hour. A good friend of mine wanted a Denali 1500. I showed him the Laura offer. He took it to a local dealer but had to walk three times. They managed to come within a couple hundred of Laura. Either buy from them or leverage if you are lucky the local dealer.

What’s really cool is around first of the year the Laura family acquired a Ford dealership. It’s called Ford of Sullivan. Same deal though.

Ram guys have Dillion Ram in Nevada I think.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I have been exploring the Ford F250, Ram 2500 and now Silverado 2500HD over the past month for the fifth wheel. The Ram has been dismissed from the competition because the front-seat bench seat for my daughter does not have a shoulder strap. Both the Ford and Chevy do. We were close to pulling the trigger on the Ford, but we wanted to explore the Chevy. The DW likes the way the Chevy looks and I am not a brand die hard in any way. I am looking to pull the GD 295RL with either the F250 or 2500HD gas engine. Is anyone pulling with a Sierra or Silverado HD? What has been your experience.
    We pull our 2020 GD2930RL with a 2003 GMC Duramax with an Allison transmission and and Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch. We only have about 4000 miles on the rig so far but the truck pulls it with no problems at all and we are very pleased with our set up. Good luck and safe travels what ever you decide to go with. Steve & Karen-Mesa Az.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUnderwood View Post
    I just bought a 2020 F350 SRW ,4X4, XLT , crew cab , long bed ,7.3 gas 10speed , 3.73’s ,So far the fuel mileage is better than I expected and the power was more than I expected , If you have any questions feel free to ask
    I forgot to add that I have a 4237 Pound payload and 11,500 GVW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! My last GM was a 15 Denali Duramax. GM fixed many of my gripes in the 2020 models.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast