User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning Point Pin Box

My wife and I are looking to by the 150 series, 295rl with the Turning Point Pin Box. After a little research I have come to understand that not all hitches will work with this pinbox. So looking at the owners manual for the pin box, I see there is certain wedge needed based on the hitch. It is my understanding that I can use a stationary hitch for the pin box given this the pivot point is now under the RV. Is anyone pulling the 2020/2019 GD Reflection and what hitch did you purchase with it?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Reflection 260RD and I use a Resse 16K stationary hitch in a Toyota Tundra. I used it all last year and this combination works great. I love the maneuverability of the Turning Point. I can turn on a dime. This Reese hitch fits the key way of Turning Point just right. No issues at all.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the equivalent Reese hitch which is called a sidewinder and it works great. I put it on my previous 5th wheel after I blew the back window out making a tight turn. I've put it on our new 32mks and it works great.

Tim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2018 150 series Reflection 295rl .My first fifth wheel hitch was a Curt A16 with the sidewinder wedge kit ,it has a better fit then the one that came on the pin box. the Curt worked great but was hard getting out of the bed of the truck. Now I am using the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel connection. Can not do a 90 degree turn but close to it.

Bill
    Pat and Bill with Kaycee the Shar-Pei Hound and Abby the Shar-Pei Beagle in our hearts.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3 Godzilla 3.73 locking axle
    Andersen Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 295RL and used the wedge that came with the turning point pin box when we hooked up to the B & W Patriot 16K. The trailer tows well and I can position our 2018 Chevy 6.5' bed at a 90 degree angle. Enjoy your new trailer!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Turning Point on my Rockwood and used B&W wedge with my Patriot 18K .... great hook up and tracking with zero worries in sharp turns and backing .... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    My wife and I are looking to by the 150 series, 295rl with the Turning Point Pin Box. After a little research I have come to understand that not all hitches will work with this pinbox. So looking at the owners manual for the pin box, I see there is certain wedge needed based on the hitch. It is my understanding that I can use a stationary hitch for the pin box given this the pivot point is now under the RV. Is anyone pulling the 2020/2019 GD Reflection and what hitch did you purchase with it?
    I used to have a 295RL until about February 2020 and I used B&W Companion Hitch, RVK3300(still do on my new RV). It worked fine either locked pin or as turning point.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a FYI. I bought (2), I believe 1/2" x 6" bolts, to be able to lock the sidewinder in place if I ever needed to have it towed without pivoting at the hitch box.

Tim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks good information. I believe I have found the correct wedge to help the pin box fit in the curt A20 hit system. It looks like we may be going with that setup given the truck we are looking at currently.