User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TorkLift GlowStep Revolution Factory Torque Spec

I love my GlowSteps, but they were a little stiff extracting and retracting -- so I loosened all the tread-nuts without reading the manual. 'Cause I'm a take charge kind of guy, see?

Anyway, now they really retract! Like a waterfall coming down.

Well I finally went back and read the manual, and there's only four tread-nuts your supposed to adjust to control the stiffness. The other tread-nuts are torqued to a specific load at the factory.

Anybody know what the proper factory torque should be. I'd like to be able to start from square 1 and adjust the stiffness the way the adjustment was intended.

Thanks.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    I love my GlowSteps, but they were a little stiff extracting and retracting -- so I loosened all the tread-nuts without reading the manual. 'Cause I'm a take charge kind of guy, see?

Anyway, now they really retract! Like a waterfall coming down.

Well I finally went back and read the manual, and there's only four tread-nuts your supposed to adjust to control the stiffness. The other tread-nuts are torqued to a specific load at the factory.

Anybody know what the proper factory torque should be. I'd like to be able to start from square 1 and adjust the stiffness the way the adjustment was intended.

Thanks.

-Steve
    No I don't know that one but I did the same thing. Took me a little while playing with it till I was finnaly able to get them where I was happy. Luckily I had turned each one the same amount. So it was easy to somewhat start over.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/