User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De-winterized and /Nautilus Panel Mod

Dewinterized our rig yesterday, not that we are going anywhere but the weather is up in the 90s all ready. Had the rig hooked up to our house water, sewage hooked to septic tank clean out and 50 amp elect. Got all the anitfreeze cleaned out, then checked all the interior water lines to sinks and such for leaks, all seems ok. Wanted to pull the storage compartment back panel out and check behind the nautilus panel for leaks and all the other water lines I can get to, all seems ok back there also. I guess we are good to go.

While I had the panel out checking the water lines, I decided to do a mod I've had on my list, to cut the storage compartment back panel and make a door to get in behind the nautilus panel so that I can easily get to the water pump fuse and check for water leaks once in a while without taking the whole darn panel out!. I had to set in an additional 1x2 next to the second one for support for other half of the panel and the door hinge. While I was in there I made a support bracket for the top of the nautilus panel to the the aluminum frame to steady it. Once you take the board out the nautilus panel is flimsy as heck. I figure the less vibrations the panel has the less stress on all the water lines connect to it. The door I made ended up being 16.5 inches wide, plenty of room to get to the pump fuse and check for leaks. I ended up just using the same screws to secure the new door to the side of the nautilus panel. Glad I got that done.

Oh by the way, if you connect your RV to your home septic tank just make sure you don't overload your septic system by dumping full tanks into it. Your home septic system is not designed to handle that kind volume all at once.

Anyway another mod on the list done and I can check off my quarterly plumbing leak check on my maintenance schedule.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sol_1944.jpg   IMG_2309.jpg   IMG_2311.jpg   IMG_2313.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-25-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Dewinterized our rig yesterday, not that we are going anywhere but the weather is up in the 90s all ready. Had the rig hooked up to our house water, sewage hooked to septic tank clean out and 50 amp elect. Got all the anitfreeze cleaned out, then checked all the interior water lines to sinks and such for leaks, all seems ok. Wanted to pull the storage compartment back panel out and check behind the nautilus panel for leaks and all the other water lines I can get to, all seems ok back there also. I guess we are good to go.

While I had the panel out checking the water lines, I decided to do a mod I've had on my list, to cut the storage compartment back panel and make a door to get in behind the nautilus panel so that I can easily get to the water pump fuse and check for water leaks once in a while without taking the whole darn panel out!. I had to set in an additional 1x2 next to the second one for support for the door hinge. While I was in there I made a support bracket for the top of the nautilus panel to the the aluminum frame to steady it. Once you take the board out the nautilus panel is flimsy as heck. I figure the less vibrations the panel has the less stress on all the water lines connect to it. The door I made ended up being 16.5 inches wide, plenty of room to get to the pump fuse and check for leaks. I ended up just using the same screws to secure the new door to the side of the nautilus panel. Glad I got that done.

Oh by the way, if you connect your RV to your home septic tank just make sure you don't overload your septic system by dumping full tanks into it. Your home septic system is not designed to handle that kind volume all at once.

Anyway another mod on the list done and I can check off my quarterly plumbing leak check on my maintenance schedule.
    Very nice mod. This one is on my to do list at some point as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada