Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD electric service panel and wiring?

So I just finished installing a Magnum Ind. 2k watt inverter in my 5th wheel. I installed a sub panel in the basement with four circuit breakers to control what I wanted on inverter power while off grid. 1. all regular AC outlets 2. all GFI outlets 3. Microwave 4. Fireplace This is where I ran into a glitch. I wanted this circuit because it controlled the two plugins for TV and Surround sound Blue Ray player that are located above the TV and behind. I also discovered that One outlet located against the wall separating the stove top from the fridge is also on this circuit. Fine. I should have double checked the Fireplace however. All said and done, I rerouted the breaker marked fireplace to my sub panel and the fireplace didn't work. After much puzzlement, I went through the breaker panel and switched on the breaker marked "refrigerator" Lo and behold the fireplace came on! So I'm thinking that this was mislabeled when installed and wondering if the fridge is on the same circuit as the TV/ DVD player. Probably. Makes sense to use only one breaker and one dedicated circuit for the fireplace. Also thinking that the fridge is wired right off the back of the outlet in the wall separating the fridge from oven stove top counter area. I was hoping to use JUST the lighted LED portion of the fireplace while inverting, watching tube, off grid. Fun times... 5th Wheel is 2019 Reflection 303 RLS Has anybody encountered one of these discrepancies in the labeling of their breaker box? Also, At the far right of said box, there is a double pole 20 amp breaker labeled micro 2 / AC. I understand this option for a bigger rig with another AC unit, but this breaker has wiring to it and I have not a clue where it goes. Anyone know?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other folks will chime in here, but my suggestion is to turn off all the breakers and then turn them on one at a time to see which circuit comes on. Maybe a bit tedious, but it might be the best option.

btw... welcome to the forum. You'll gets lots of good help here.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    So I just finished installing a Magnum Ind. 2k watt inverter in my 5th wheel. I installed a sub panel in the basement with four circuit breakers to control what I wanted on inverter power while off grid. 1. all regular AC outlets 2. all GFI outlets 3. Microwave 4. Fireplace This is where I ran into a glitch. I wanted this circuit because it controlled the two plugins for TV and Surround sound Blue Ray player that are located above the TV and behind. I also discovered that One outlet located against the wall separating the stove top from the fridge is also on this circuit. Fine. I should have double checked the Fireplace however. All said and done, I rerouted the breaker marked fireplace to my sub panel and the fireplace didn't work. After much puzzlement, I went through the breaker panel and switched on the breaker marked "refrigerator" Lo and behold the fireplace came on! So I'm thinking that this was mislabeled when installed and wondering if the fridge is on the same circuit as the TV/ DVD player. Probably. Makes sense to use only one breaker and one dedicated circuit for the fireplace. Also thinking that the fridge is wired right off the back of the outlet in the wall separating the fridge from oven stove top counter area. I was hoping to use JUST the lighted LED portion of the fireplace while inverting, watching tube, off grid. Fun times... 5th Wheel is 2019 Reflection 303 RLS Has anybody encountered one of these discrepancies in the labeling of their breaker box? Also, At the far right of said box, there is a double pole 20 amp breaker labeled micro 2 / AC. I understand this option for a bigger rig with another AC unit, but this breaker has wiring to it and I have not a clue where it goes. Anyone know?
    Contact Grand Design customer support and ask them to email you the Electric Plan for your trailer (have your VIN ready to give them). It *might* illuminate some things for you but, fair warning, the one we got for the 310GK doesn't accurately represent what we have. It's more like a concept plan than a working shop diagram. Maybe the one for your trailer will be better.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    The mislabeling of circuits doesn't surprise me on bit. About the double pole breaker, it sounds like your describing a double breaker, meaning there are actually two breakers in one housing (because they didn't have enough slots in the panel.) If that is true, one would be for the microwave and the other for the optional second A/C. The wires would be connected in the panel and we can only hope they were terminated properly where they are buried in the ceiling. I would turn that one off just to be safe.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know these have only 120volt electric appliances and AC units. That's why most have two separate 30 breakers on a 5500watt generator. If you could have two pole breakers for the possibility of 240 volts then the generator breaker would have the two 30 amp breakers linked together. Since they are not it's just 120 volts available with 30amp rating for each circuit The AC units are 120 volts. If it has been prewired for a Second AC unit then the wiring is already there at the location of the possible AC unit spot, so it would have wire landed on the breaker.