User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't find a specific light switch on 17MKE?

I have a new Imagine XLS 17MKE - it has the murphy bed up front. Just got a surge strip and plug adapter today so finally plugged it in for the first time since the dealer last week. There is a long blue strip accent light mounted up in the overhead board. I can't find a switch anywhere that seems to control it, anyone have any ideas?

Also bonus dumb question - if the battery disconnect 'key' is off/out, will shore power still trickle charge batteries or do I need to buy a tender and directly connect?

Thanks all...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need the battery switch in the on position for it to charge. I can't help on the where the switch is, worst case if you never intend on using it cut the wire if you can find it
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Marcy is right - at least in my rig. The battery will not charge if the disconnect is off, and the disconnect does not shut off power to everything. CO2 detector, Smoke detector and some other 12V things are still powered from the battery. Sorry - can't help on the blue lights.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you find the switch? Its under the shelf above the bed on right side, if you're standing in front of the bed. I hope that helps.

If you plan to store the RV for long periods, I would get a good trickle charger and disconnect the negative battery terminal. This will prevent the parasitic draws and keep your battery in top shape. The charger in RVS are a lot better but a good trickle charger is, IMHO, a better choice.