User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    I took the back panel off and found that the converter is hard wired to the the fuse panel with a 15 amp breaker, what a electrical mess behind the panel i have never seen such a bird nest. i will take a photo and post.Attachment 25591Attachment 25590 I will have to cut the hard line that supplies power and install a electrical receptial to plug the new converter into. I'm woundering if 15 amp is enough breaker for the PG9160 converter.
    Looks like I covered up part of my test, I should have posted the photos after the text, were you able to see all the text.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3300070.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	25592
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 381M and I would like to know if turning off the battery switch and hooked up to shore power will this harm the converter? When not using my 5th wheel I have shore power hooked up. If the converter is always charging the batteries is this a good thing for the batteries and converter or should only use shore power occisionaly to keep the batteries up?
    Not so sure it will harm the converter but the battery disconnect will prevent your batteries from charging while plugged in. Just be mindful
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - hardly ever do you see it hard wired unless it's an integrated convertor which yours is not. The input power for the PG 60 amps is 1000 watts so you should be good with a 15amp breaker.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post
    Wow - hardly ever do you see it hard wired unless it's an integrated convertor which yours is not. The input power for the PG 60 amps is 1000 watts so you should be good with a 15amp breaker.
    They probably safed money on bulk purchase by eliminating power cord.
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They probably safed money on bulk purchase by eliminating power cord.
    INn process of preping for converter change out I noticed that the electrical receptal for the house central vac was over torqued and cracked the casing. I want to change the outlet with a standard outlet but I'm not sure how to hookup the 2 romax wires to the new box. Has anyone changed out a receptable that has 2 romax cables in on box?
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INn process of preping for converter change out I noticed that the electrical receptal for the house central vac was over torqued and cracked the casing. I want to change the outlet with a standard outlet but I'm not sure how to hookup the 2 romax wires to the new box. Has anyone changed out a receptable that has 2 romax cables in on box?
    If you are replacing it with a residential outlet it is no different than changing out an outlet in a house/building. The outlet should have screw terminals on both sides. Also, make sure you get a single gang box to house the outlet. RV outlets do not have exposed contacts on the backside whereas residential outlets do have exposed contacts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post
    Wow - hardly ever do you see it hard wired unless it's an integrated converter which yours is not. The input power for the PG 60 amps is 1000 watts so you should be good with a 15 amp breaker.
    I stand corrected, while trying to figure out a way to route the existing mess I found that the converter is plugged into a receptacle but it is all the way aft right behind the electrical breaker panel
    . I can barley reach it. Do not know why it is so far away. The electrical receptacle for the central vac is right next to the converter as you can see in the photo. Would it be a problem if I install a double receptacle and plug in the vac and converter? Unable to determine what breaker the vac is on, the electrical panel does not indicate which breaker it is on. i guess I will just have to find a way to unplug and re-plug the new converter. Sure am disappointed with the electrical wiring mess. Can't believe that the electrical harness was just laying on top of the converter, trying to figure out how to route some of the wiring without creating a problem. All suggestions welcome.
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The electrical receptical is part of the electrical breaker panel, this is going to be fun working thur all the electrical wires to unplug and replug the new converter.
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12