Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

351M Washer Drain

Full Timing in Florida. Trying to install washer so I don’t have to go to laundromat, trying to isolate as directed by those in govt. I have the Hep VO drain in the garage as part of the washer prep. If I push the drain hose too far into drain it will bend the tubes in the drain that are a part of the Hep Vo. I tried to make a shallow drain tube install- about 3 inches into the drain but it over flowed. Any help/advice/commiseration/jokes would be a help right now! Thanks in advance to my Fellow RVers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you figure this out?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not using the garage prep, using washer in kitchen until I can get answers from the Hep Vo people and the washer Manufacturer as to the discharge rate of the pump.

Setting Up Camp Dreamin’ Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How’d you put the washer in the kitchen????
    what was your garage dryer vent solution??
    Thank you!

DD
    Duane, Mary Jo and Milo the Dog = Full Timers
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty ccsb, 4x4, 6.7 Lariat
    2019 GD Momentum 351M.
    2016 BMW R1200 GS toy hauler toy.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a portable 1.6cu/ft Magic Chef washer.I unscrewed the faucet sprayer head and used an adapter to connect the water supply to the washer. I secured the drain hose with Tye wraps to the faucet to keep it in the sink.

I did figure out the garage washer prep drain issue. GD uses a Hep Vo waterless trap. It is actually pretty cool device It has a ballon type valve, open on both ends. The end on the tank side kind of resembles a closed duck bill and stops sewer gases from coming into RV, but opens to allow water to pass. I think the PO must have pushed their drain hose past the top opening and when the washer was removed it pulled the ballon device inside out and water would not drain correctly. I siphoned the water out of the drain using a small tube with a syringe attached, then unscrewed the Hep Vo trap and pushed the ballon valve back into place. Ran a test- drains perfectly now. I will see if the pics will post- if not a search for Hep Vo will show videos of the device.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DD- I do not have a dryer. The PO did and there is a vent behind the garage bathroom door. The center of the vent is approx 5 1/2 inches from bathroom wall and 20 1/2 inches from the garage floor.