Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storage ideas for Imagine 21BHE? Wasted space under dinette and murphy bed

Hey guys,

I'm loving my Imagine XLS 21BHE, but there is only one exterior storage bay and I'm struggling to find areas to store the items I was intending to store outside like my propane fire pit, electric scooters, etc. The dinettes don't have drawers or panels. One has a lot of electrical components underneath, so I don't want to put anything flammable in there, obviously. The top panels (underneath the seat cushion) come off easily with a screwdriver, but seem REALLY flimsy and I don't think putting hinges on them will work. Has anyone come up with an innovative solution to this?

Also, the drawers under the murphy bed are nice, but what this RV is lacking is LARGE storage. I'm considering taking these drawers out and using the front panels to make doors so I can access more space underneath the sofa. Is there a way I can make a hinge to lift the sofa up to store big items? Thanks in advance for any ideas on this, or any other mods for increased storage.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could gain a little bit of exterior storage by removing the outside refrigerator and/or outside camp stove.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks tfgd21bhe. I am now thinking of taking the outdoor stove out to install a tabletop griddle in its place. That fridge is too small anyway, and I may need to just bring my big cooler to have drinks on ice. I have an Igloo Trailmate Journey that I bought last year because the big wheels are great for beach sand. I hate to have such a nice cooler that I don't even use, when the alternative is a dinky little fridge. On the plus side, my nephew is going to college in a few months so I can send the fridge with him to his dorm. Nothing wasted! I think I can get a few outdoor chairs stuffed into that area and it will solve a lot of my problems.

***I recently saw a new camper that had an ice maker in the outdoor kitchen instead of a baby fridge. I could plug that in and I think it would be a lot more functional. No trips to re-stock on ice! Outdoor fridges are nice, but they only hold a few beers and steaks. I'm the kind of girl that needs a bottle of wine and tons of veggies on top of that.***

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a 12v cooler (put it in the shower pan when at the campsite) instead of the outdoor refrigerator since we use it in the truck when traveling. Seriously considering removing the dinette and using a couple euro recliners instead and storing the stuff that's under the dinette seat in the space currently used by the outdoor refrig.

Take a look at gci road trip rocker chairs. Got a couple last fall and they are the most comfortable folding chairs I've ever sat in.