User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ideal Rig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    We currently have the Reflection 150, 260rd, but are loving the build quality of the Solitudes...
    On a long trip the 260 is lacking in cupboard space - no pantry - and wardrobe space. The storage under the U-shaped dinette is very difficult to access but we have to use it because there is no place else to put things. (back in the old days you COULD easily lift the cushions off a dinette for storage access.)

If Grand Design would listen to the folks who want quality PLUS a small footprint, we would take the 310GK as it is, but put the Solitude S-series 2930 bath and bedroom on it. So the back end of the 310GK and the front end of the 2930. We love the front window of the 2930, the full size nightstands and the larger bathroom with good linen and toiletries cabinets.
    TS_Breezes - help me understand what the 310GK has in the living/kitchen area that the 2930RL does not. We looked at both before buying our 2930RL. What did I miss in that area of the 310GK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janelle29 View Post
    TS_Breezes - help me understand what the 310GK has in the living/kitchen area that the 2930RL does not. We looked at both before buying our 2930RL. What did I miss in that area of the 310GK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok ..... so .... they are very similar ?? later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 310gk has a better front bedroom/closet layout in my opinion which also moves the w/d hookups up there vs taking up storage space in the living area. You also gain the dishwasher prep and nicer cook top. Just my 2 cents
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 430Flyer View Post
    I'd like to see a toyhauler, but with a side load system that's only big enough for 1 motorcycle across the back. I just don't want to drag around an extra 10 to 15 ft of trailer for 1 bike when the rear 4 to 4.5 ft is plenty. Above the bike could even be storage accessed from inside.
    While they're at it, put a second door off the other side. You could ride the bike down a ramp forwards then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    The 310gk has a better front bedroom/closet layout in my opinion which also moves the w/d hookups up there vs taking up storage space in the living area. You also gain the dishwasher prep and nicer cook top. Just my 2 cents
    Yes for sure .... different Ideal for full timer vs weekend warrior ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janelle29 View Post
    I'm sure he'll be back to answer for himself but can I suggest that his comment can be interpreted another way?

The living areas of the two trailers ARE similar as you suggest - the 310GK has an additional window, larger standard fridge, better stove top, additional storage space, dishwasher prep, differences in the quality of materials used, and a few other small differences. Not the same but similar, as you suggest.

However the bedroom layouts between the two trailers are very different. I'd guess that he's saying that he likes the 310GK with all its improvements over the 2930RL, but that he would prefer that it had a bedroom/bathroom layout like the 2930RL.

He may tell me I'm dead wrong, but that's how I read his comment.
    Last edited by boyscout; 04-01-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clear up my comments on 310GK vs 2930rl

So, Boyscout has it correct!

The 2930 is the S series and has the smaller stovetop and the big farmhouse sink. We like the 310 stove top because it would be easier to clean if a boil over occurred and the sink is different. Ultimately if we were to plan the Ideal Rig (topic of this thread) that is why we like the 2930/310gk mashup.

If we were buying one tomorrow - we would go with the 2930 and save a few bucks. Gain a front bedroom window, night stands, and the bath layout we prefer.

To each his own!

BTW - this is Cindy who is posting this
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    So, Boyscout has it correct!

The 2930 is the S series and has the smaller stovetop and the big farmhouse sink. We like the 310 stove top because it would be easier to clean if a boil over occurred and the sink is different. Ultimately if we were to plan the Ideal Rig (topic of this thread) that is why we like the 2930/310gk mashup.

If we were buying one tomorrow - we would go with the 2930 and save a few bucks. Gain a front bedroom window, night stands, and the bath layout we prefer.

To each his own!

BTW - this is Cindy who is posting this
    Cindy has it right !!! we have a 310 in the family and our new 2930 .... we saw the 310 first and really liked it ... then we went to show in Tampa and were sold on the 2930 ... the bedroom and bathroom closed the deal ... found one at La Mesa in Sanford Fl .... I think we all would make little changes ... this has been a good read thanks ... later Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the replies to my question about the differences between Solitude 310 & the S-Class 2930. I now see the difference in the stovetop & kitchen sink. I understand the bigger fridge, dishwasher prep, more storage and for sure....better quality of materials used in the solitude 310. We shopped for 2 years...as beginners...we feel we fit into the weekend warrior group...no full-time for us....yet. The 2930 front window, nightstands by bed and [emoji7]that walk-thru bathroom[emoji7]didn’t hold a candle to any of the “hundreds” of fifth-wheels we walked thru. Even the 310 outdoor kitchen didn’t sway us to stay....and believe me....grand design’s outdoor kitchen appears to be a gem!! So...for someone who has never “camped” & who has VRBO/Airbnb vacationed for 35 years...to say that we stayed in our 2930 for 30 days straight last October....and NEVER MISSED HOME....not one little bit [emoji16]...well that there is our testament to a successful purchase for us! [emoji2956]

I do agree with Cindy....to each his own! And with Frank....this has been a good read! Boyscout...kudos to you for reading between (Frank’s)the lines!! [emoji3060]

Now if we can just get this crazy world to settle down so we can escape from the home workload for a bit![emoji1693] God bless everyone! Stay safe & healthy - Janelle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like the smallest thing that can fit my two grand boys but be comfortable for just my husband and I. I'd like to see the Reflection 260RD the way it is, but replace the sofa theater seats with a jack knife sofa and drop down bunk above. If that would be too heavy for the slide, then flip the dinette to the slide and do a sofa with a bunk above in the back. I like this light weight and shorter Reflection 150 that's easy for me to tow. -OR- a light weight shorter Momentum G Series 5th wheel, say 27 or 28 ft.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast