User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting it put into my 374TH here is a link to the manual. Copy and past it to your browser. This is the 4 burner 3.7 cu stove.

https://forestriverinc.com/files/Com...er%20Guide.pdf

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lecatlin View Post
    Hello everyone. Alliance owner here with a problem on this range. Mine won't go above 300 degrees according to my digital thermometer I have purchased. As an engineer, I can't stand having a temp readout, and don't trust metal spring things. Anyway, it goes up to about 310-320, then I guess the burner cuts out and it settles in at 300-305. This is on what appears to be the highest setting.

I've been on the phone with Best Buy (via the service number in the manual) and they keep giving me the Insignia direct number, which kicks me back to Best Buy. Guy is perplexed, as he's tried calling it twice.

I saw the Parker Industries number above, will give Todd a shout. If I can diagnose if this is burner or thermostat I can replace them- just need someone to talk to.

Appreciate the posting here. By the way, it's a great range other than this.

Thanks, Lynn Catlin
    The stove in the grand design gets hotter because the spontaneous combustion rating is high in those units. The Alliance may burst into flames above 325°.
    Just joking. Hope you figure it out.
    2021 GD Solitude 390rk
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat Superduty DRW
    2015 Wildcat max 310rl
    2005 Newmar Dutch Star 39ft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LG... lol.

I contacted Todd, who sent a couple files with t/s tips. Cleaned the temp probe and tried again with no improvement. However, based on hearing people's ovens running hotter more often- I turned the dial down from High toward Med. Around 2 dots above Medium, the burner kicked back on and the temp went up to 430. So, seems like it's just not quite setup right. Will keep an eye on information and see if a fix is available down the road - looks like the settings run from lowest to just above medium- which may make it difficult to plan a temp to cook at.
    2021 Alliance Paradigm 385FL
    2017 F-350 6.7L DRW - Lariat Trim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lecatlin View Post

I've been on the phone with Best Buy (via the service number in the manual) and they keep giving me the Insignia direct number, which kicks me back to Best Buy. Guy is perplexed, as he's tried calling it twice.

I saw the Parker Industries number above, will give Todd a shout. If I can diagnose if this is burner or thermostat I can replace them- just need someone to talk to.

Appreciate the posting here. By the way, it's a great range other than this.

Thanks, Lynn Catlin
    Parker Industries is definitely the place to start, and Todd is an awesome guy. He'll probably refer you to The Geek Squad, which is Best Buy's service arm. They have a simple form you need to fill out, and it goes back to Parker.

Todd also has a parts list and troubleshooting guide that he can send to you, if you ask him. They might even have some spare parts in stock now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insignia’s Owner Manual

Here is the web site where you can find the owner’s manual for you Insignia oven.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/20...-Rng24ss9.html

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    I saw this yesterday on one of our regional GDRV dealers sites where a 2021 Solitude has an Insignia oven. https://www.glrv.com/product/2021-gr...de-373fb-copy/

Alliance and at least one other manufacturer is installing them too. Carol shared that she did read some FB posts elsewhere that folks seem quite pleased.

This oven may be a viable option to the inferior small ovens used in most RVs. Folks who wish to use the oven have shared many complaints about the current inferior ovens. We use ours for bread/buns storage and it works quite well.

Dan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lgleaves View Post
    That happened in our oven once. I believe it's from opening and closing the door too fast. The "rush" of air extingiuishes the pilot. I open and close the door very gently, and it hasn't been a problem since.
    You need one of these.....

It allows the flame to be at a set point that won't blow out but will allow a simmer. DS uses it all the time and likes it. We considered changing to an induction top but now all is good with the chief galley cook...
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here is another gadget everyone with a gas oven by ANY manufacturer in ANY RV needs.

Oven thermometer.

Pick any oven, and range, any stove in the camping industry and the setting for the temp are wrong. From the most expensive RV or oven to the cheapest.

At least that has been our experience in the 35 years we've been at this. It's probably why good grills now come with a temp gauge - no other way to really know what's going on without them.

While I'm at it I want to add one more thought - the older type gas tops (Suburban comes to mind) were better than these Fusion and Insignia range tops/ovens as fas as flame control goes. But now-a-days everyone seems to want the high end look and feel versus a good functional appliance. Sorry - bit of a rant there......
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oven thermometer was the first thing I bought for our gas range. Was surprised the first time we used it, dial setting was surprisingly close to accurate.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456