User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    It turns out that the fix for this is probably going to be a whole new range. That's what I learned after talking to the Geek Squad. Any GD warranty dealer should be able to do the swap. I'm not familiar with your coach, but on mine, the slide may need to be "hyper-extended" to remove the range. There isn't enough clearness between the slide and the island to get it out. If it weren't for this, I'd get a mobile tech out here.
    The oven door comes off. The knobs come off. By my measurement on our 310GK that would allow the oven enough room to slide straight out and not hit the counter top of the island. It sure seems easier to just replace the oven thermostat than replacing the whole stove if it was diagnosed as bad. In the 5 years or so that I repaired Sears appliances I can't recall ever replacing an appliance.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Update: I've learned a few things about the Insignia range. It turns out that GD doesn't appear to support them directly. You need to go through Parker Industries for parts. I talked to a terrific guy at Parker (Todd) that gave me the skinny on warranty repairs. They're done through the Best Buy Geek Squad. Can you believe it?

Anyway, I'll post a followup when I can get on my laptop. They sent me a parts list, some troubleshooting and repair tips, and the link to use for service from Best Buy. I'll upload all of that, probably on it's own thread.
    No direct support by GD is nothing new look at your Lippert windows and doors or Dexter axles or Lionshead wheels and tires or Dometic refrigerator or Furrion stove................
    Reading through this I don't see any improvement or upside to make this stove a better choice. The Furrion stoves in my previous and present both had the burner flame to high and not able to be turned down to a simmer. The ovens on both ran 50 to 100 degrees above set point even at minimum so the best I can do in the oven is 350 to 400. These are the same complaints I see about the Insignia.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 01-02-2021 at 04:55 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    No direct support by GD is nothing new look at your Lippert windows and doors or Dexter axles or Lionshead wheels and tires or Dometic refrigerator or Furrion stove................
    Reading through this I don't see any improvement or upside to make this stove a better choice. The Furrion stoves in my previous and present both had the burner flame to high and not able to be turned down to a simmer. The ovens on both ran 50 to 100 degrees above set point even at minimum so the best I can do in the oven is 350 to 400. These are the same complaints I see about the Insignia.
    Wicked ace
    A trick to get the stove burner to a simmer level is as you go past full to off position the flame will gradually reduce if you go slow. Give it a try as it has been working for me.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found a way to buy the whole oven? Wife is a cooking fanatic and she would love this in our 2800BH. Would be a bit of work to retrofit but I don’t think too hard.

Failing that we wait for a g series momentum to get it :-)
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Wicked ace
    A trick to get the stove burner to a simmer level is as you go past full to off position the flame will gradually reduce if you go slow. Give it a try as it has been working for me.
    So far, so good with my Insignia range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hubby and I just purchased a 2021 GD Momentum. We love it, except for the oven. The top is ok, even easy to clean. The oven, pilot light keeps going out and food is either under cooked or burnt. Anyone with any ideas?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My hubby and I just purchased a 2021 GD Momentum. We love it, except for the oven. The top is ok, even easy to clean. The oven, pilot light keeps going out and food is either under cooked or burnt. Anyone with any ideas?
    That happened in our oven once. I believe it's from opening and closing the door too fast. The "rush" of air extingiuishes the pilot. I open and close the door very gently, and it hasn't been a problem since.
    2021 GD Solitude 390rk
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat Superduty DRW
    2015 Wildcat max 310rl
    2005 Newmar Dutch Star 39ft

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem finally solved:
    1. Air flap/damper was readjusted to solve the pilot going out when opening the door. Pilot flame is significantly larger.
    2. Installed a new thermocouple which solved the runaway temperature problem.

The oven is finally working as advertised. I think hey just got a bad bunch of thermocouples.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyork1944 View Post
    Problem finally solved:
    1. Air flap/damper was readjusted to solve the pilot going out when opening the door. Pilot flame is significantly larger.
    2. Installed a new thermocouple which solved the runaway temperature problem.

The oven is finally working as advertised. I think hey just got a bad bunch of thermocouples.
    Glad to see you got it resolved. I was too lazy to go back through 5 pages of posts on this thread. Was yours an Insignia range, or other? If Insignia, did they have to pull the entire range out to replace the thermocouple, or just remove the stove top?

They replaced our entire range back on Feb 20th, and we've had no trouble since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone. Alliance owner here with a problem on this range. Mine won't go above 300 degrees according to my digital thermometer I have purchased. As an engineer, I can't stand having a temp readout, and don't trust metal spring things. Anyway, it goes up to about 310-320, then I guess the burner cuts out and it settles in at 300-305. This is on what appears to be the highest setting.

I've been on the phone with Best Buy (via the service number in the manual) and they keep giving me the Insignia direct number, which kicks me back to Best Buy. Guy is perplexed, as he's tried calling it twice.

I saw the Parker Industries number above, will give Todd a shout. If I can diagnose if this is burner or thermostat I can replace them- just need someone to talk to.

Appreciate the posting here. By the way, it's a great range other than this.

Thanks, Lynn Catlin
    2021 Alliance Paradigm 385FL
    2017 F-350 6.7L DRW - Lariat Trim

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast