User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV picture has interference

I have a 2020 Reflection 337rls. While hooked up to park cable my TV picture gets inference when I turn on the vibrator mode of the recliner seats. Doesn't happen when watching a DVD. Any clues?
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    I have a 2020 Reflection 337rls. While hooked up to park cable my TV picture gets inference when I turn on the vibrator mode of the recliner seats. Doesn't happen when watching a DVD. Any clues?
    That's not one I've seen here before.

The first thing to check is all the cable connections that you can find between the park connector and your TV. They should all be screwed onto their connectors finger tight plus 1/4 turn with a wrench. While you're checking them, also check to ensure that the connectors are firmly attached to the cable; we had one that had been so badly crimped at the factory that the cable could be easily pulled out of the connector and pushed back in. If the connectors and connections aren't tight the shield on the cable can't do its work at keeping out interfering signals.

If checking the commonly-sloppy cable connections doesn't resolve your problem, a more-common complaint than the one you've reported is interference to the antenna (not cable) TV signal when the bathroom and/or kitchen fans are on. These problems have been resolved by installing chokes on the 12V wires supplying the fans. This is the kind of thing used:

https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Pieces-...5441363&sr=8-2

Wrapping the suspected interfering wire a few times through one of those chokes reduces its ability to transport interference to nearby cables. Putting one on the wire feeding your recliner might help, but I'd bet on the cable connection being your problem.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch