Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two gray tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two gray tanks

We just purchased a Transcend Xplor 221RB. Does anyone know the sizes of each gray tank (78 gal total)? Also when we dump do we need to attach to each gray tank connection to dump them separately? We have grey/black connection in the back and one gray connection towards the center under the slide.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi eyosick,

I can't answer regarding the size of your tanks on the 221RB. Not sure if they vary by model. The Grand Design site doesn't clearly specify the capacity for each gray tank. My guess is that they are two equal size tanks.

On your dumping question, you are correct that you would need to attach each gray tank connection and dump each separately. When we are staying at a water & electric only campground, like many state parks, that may mean dumping the first tank, pulling forward a bit, and then dumping the second tank. If you have a longer hose, you may be able to do both with one stop.

If you are staying at a full hookup site, you can connect both gray tanks to the dump by using multiple sewer hoses and a wye (y) connector. I have found that every site is different. To have flexibility, I now bring three 10 foot hoses, a wye connector, and three sewer support rests. That way if the dump hookup is toward the front or back of the camper, I can adjust the setup accordingly. Since the camper doesn't have room for all of those hoses, you would need a container to store the hoses in storage or in your truck bed. An alternative is to install extra sewer hose storage tubes under the camper.

I thought others might have the same question so I took the time to write up our approach to the sewer hose connections and sewer hose storage.

https://traveltrailsail.com/rv-sewer...o-connections/

https://traveltrailsail.com/rv-sewer...rrier-project/

I hope this helps.

the e-man
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living