User Tag List

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire place delete

Has anyone removed the fireplace? And if so, what did you do with the space?

We will never use it, so that item is a waste for us

We boondock 100%, so there would be no point in running a generator so we can use it.

Could it be as easy as getting some cabinent doors from GD?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t be much space in a cabinet that thin. The space for the microwave would be more usable.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you search or see this thread started yesterday?

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...something-else

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I saw it... Responses are overwhelming it the "you will love using it" catagory.

Well We won't use it period. We don't use campgrounds period. It would be silly to run the generator to try to save on propane for a measly 5000 BTU heater.

So I thought I would start a new thead with the parameters of our RV usage crystal clear, in the hope of finding someone that has done this, or has some useful info on the subject.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Yes I saw it... Responses are overwhelming it the "you will love using it" catagory.

Well We won't use it period. We don't use campgrounds period. It would be silly to run the generator to try to save on propane for a measly 5000 BTU heater.

So I thought I would start a new thead with the parameters of our RV usage crystal clear, in the hope of finding someone that has done this, or has some useful info on the subject.
    Depending on the location of the fireplace, you may or may not have any usable space there. It varies by what kind of rig you have. But you can certainly remove it and cover the hole with cabinet doors. I'd probably just buy some from Home Depot, or have hubby make them. Probably cheaper.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to visualize the mod if we don't know what kind of rig you are in.
    For example in our 367BHS, we have about 18 inches of space there (combined fireplace space and what's behind it). Others may not have any room. There are threads where people are opening up the area behind their TV's and making shelving as an example.
    To match your decor, it would be easy to order some doors from GD, I did a mod to our kitchen with a back splash and ordered my trim through them so it ties in like it came that way.

What you tell us about the unit you have could help us give you some ideas. A narrow space could be useful for maps, books, games, linen etc.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    It's hard to visualize the mod if we don't know what kind of rig you are in.
    For example in our 367BHS, we have about 18 inches of space there (combined fireplace space and what's behind it). Others may not have any room. There are threads where people are opening up the area behind their TV's and making shelving as an example.
    To match your decor, it would be easy to order some doors from GD, I did a mod to our kitchen with a back splash and ordered my trim through them so it ties in like it came that way.

What you tell us about the unit you have could help us give you some ideas. A narrow space could be useful for maps, books, games, linen etc.
    We don't have it yet. It is ordered. A 398M Momentum FBP, 8K axles, disc brakes, Cooper LRH tires DP windows Oakley interior, Half bath,Heat pump, 3 ACs,Solar, and probably some other stuff I forgot.