Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to operate outside gas cook top on 2017 311BHS

Hi, thanks to all for helping with antenna for tv. You guys rock. Now I have been trying to figure out how to operate outdoor gas cook top.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gas cook top if mounted in a drawer should have a full reveal slide. Pull out the stove top out all the way. Then you plug the quick connect line (in a drawer) into the quick attach plug under the trailer. Then light it up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    The gas cook top if mounted in a drawer should have a full reveal slide. Pull out the stove top out all the way. Then you plug the quick connect line (in a drawer) into the quick attach plug under the trailer. Then light it up.
    There is also a valve on the quick connect gas line that you have to turn on, took me a while to figure that out on my previous Reflection.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    There is also a valve on the quick connect gas line that you have to turn on, took me a while to figure that out on my previous Reflection.
    Yeah @ptraney, just to expand on this the valve that Txfivver is talking about may be a locking/unlocking lever too.

On our trailer there's a metal lever on the side of the outlet fitting. It has to be flipped in one direction to permit inserting and connecting the stove's gas hose fitting. Then it has to be flipped the other way to permit the gas to flow. In that 'flow' position, the stove's gas line is locked in, can't be removed (or inserted). To remove it the lever / valve has to be flipped back the other way, which closes the valve for safety.

Hope this helps.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you do this you will find the propane hose is exactly the proper length when pulled tight as a bow string and not a millimeter longer. Why GD couldn't spring for another 1 or 2" is a mystery.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection