User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Info on bike racks in use

Not sure if this is correct place, but I am seeking info on RV bike racks in use. I just purchased an Imagine 2670mk and would like a good, solid two-bike rack. Anyone out there with a favorite? Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milong49 View Post
    Not sure if this is correct place, but I am seeking info on RV bike racks in use. I just purchased an Imagine 2670mk and would like a good, solid two-bike rack. Anyone out there with a favorite? Thanks.
    I have a 2 bike Yakima. Works great!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200329-172904_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	25577

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing that folds, mounts to the “bumper” or hangs the bikes by the crossbar. Only go with racks approved for RV use by the manufacturer. Swagman Dispatch or Escapee are the ones I’d recommend.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please do a search here first! Covered many, many times. There are plenty of legit recommendations and alternatives in prior posts.

1. There are very few RV rated bike racks. You HAVE to look at the manual to find out. Case in point is the Yakima noted above - from the front cover of the instructions, in very bold type "DO NOT INSTALL ON TRAILERS, CAMPERS, OR RV'S". Never go by just brand name, check the specifics in the manual of the model you are interested in.
    2. RV bumpers may be rated for up to 300lbs directly on the bumper, but the load for a rack is a couple of feet out, multiplying the pounding up and down/twisting force greatly. Plan on having a receiver welded on (NOT bolted) if you want a rack on the rear of the camper.
    3. The 2670MK is already marginal in tongue weight. Bad idea to take any off by putting something heavy on the rear.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too like the Swagman Dispatch. I caught it on sale on Amazon 2 months ago for $246 which was a great discount from the normal $335. It was only on sale for a couple of days but I did see it again on sale but not as deep a discount. You need to check often if you think this one would work for you. I do wish it had come with the locking arms like some of Swagman's other racks. I did find the locking arms on Etrailer as a retrofit and ordered them for $60.

I have it mounted on my 303RLS and loaded the bikes for fitment but haven't been out with the bikes yet. The rack is very heavy duty and solid. I do have a welded hitch on my trailer rated for 300 lbs. The bikes and rack will be less than half of that. Search on Dispatch and you will find other recommendations too.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had a Swagman Dispatch two bike rack for almost four years and have covered about 27000 miles with it. It has preformed flawlessly. It is RV approved.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at the Lippert Jack-It rack. We had one on our 2400BH, and it was excellent. It holds the bikes tight and in view so you know they are in good shape.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/