User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the tube for the water jug? I can only find the complete kit with pump but I want to set it up like yours.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor739 View Post
    Where did you get the tube for the water jug? I can only find the complete kit with pump but I want to set it up like yours.
    The tubing is 1/4" polyethylene. You can get it at the big box or the local hardware store. It's the same tubing that comes in an ice maker install kit or you get a roll separately. The fittings are standard compression fittings and you just have to pick through the options at the store to find what mates to your pump and faucet.

Hope that helps.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor739 View Post
    After reading it again, maybe I misunderstood your question. The tube into the water jug is the same polyethylene tubing that is stuffed into a piece of PVC pipe just to keep it on the bottom and not curling up. I just drilled a hole in a PVC pipe cap and put it on top as a dust and critter cover. It's not actually sealed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhhhh, it actually looks like some of the manufactured ones. Thank you for clarifying.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had this on our to do list for a little over a year. I bought the pump and faucet suggested from this YouTube video awhile ago: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=cxftihsb70y

This is a two part series. Part one comments gives the faucet info and part two gives the pump info. The pump is a Seaflo 21 Series. I got the brushed nickel version of the Watts Puretech Standard Auxiliary faucet.

We took the bottom shelf out of the island cabinet (where a dishwasher would go) and can carry two 5 gallon bottles there. We used a battery operated pump on top of a bottle for about 8 months until Mark finally installed the faucet and pump for me for our anniversary yesterday.

We cut a small hole in the counter just to the left of the existing faucet. The new faucet is much shorter so it is well out of the way of the regular faucet. The lever for the new faucet is pointing forward to make it easy to access.

We didn't want to disturb any of the insulation, etc in the belly by putting the pump in the basement so we used an AC to DC inverter to power the pump, thinking we would need to tap into the power for the electrical outlets. However, when we removed the false wall in the left cabinet under the sink, we discovered an outlet already there for a dishwasher. There is already a hole cut at the bottom of the cabinet to run the power and lines for the dishwasher so we used that to run the water line from the faucet to the jugs and also to pull the power cord for the inverter to the outlet behind the wall.

We decided to put the inverter on the top shelf (of the dishwasher cabinet) turned sideways so we could get to the switch to turn it on and off if needed, and used Command strips to hold it against the left wall. We cut a small hole at the back of the shelf to run the power cable down to the hole already at the bottom. The pump was mounted to the side of the wall just under the self to keep it out of the way of the water bottles. We placed it so any screws would hit in the area of the raised panel on the front side of the island to give us more wood to screw into without it poking through.

We used 3/8" reinforced polypropylene tubing from the bottle to the input side of the pump and a clamp to hold it. The other end fits nicely in the small hole in the cap of the water jug. We used a heat gun to help straighten the tubing so it wouldn't curl in the jug.

We used a 3 /8" dishwasher cable to go between the faucet and the pump. The dishwasher cable came with a 1 /2" compression fitting. We connected that to a 1 /2" MIP to 3 /8" barbed adapter. The barbed end was connected to a short piece of the polypropylene with the other end being clamped to the output side of the pump. The other end of the dishwasher cable was connected to the faucet with a 1/4" female to 3 /8" male compression adapter.

The pump is a little louder than I was hoping but it only takes about 20 seconds to fill my pitcher for the tea maker with water (yes, I'm a tea-aholic). The pump wasn't as loud during our initial testing so Mark thinks it is from back pressure taking it from 3/8" to 1 /4" to the faucet. We still need to address keeping the bottles from sliding while traveling. On occasion we have found the cabinet door open and the bottles slid forward on travel days.

I'm ecstatic to finally have it installed! Now, if we can only go camping...
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Roger's help on here my Dad and I were able to fish the water line like Roger said. I think Roger meant vent line in pass through instead of drain line though. To get to the vent line for the kitchen grey tank I had to pull the power distribution panel and wires out. I then ran an electrical fish on top of the insulation, like Roger said, and my Dad kept an eye out for it under the island. Didn't take long for him to see it come out where the island sink drain goes through the floor. I'm waiting for the faucet to arrive from etrailer to complete the install. Once complete I'll post pics of parts and everything else. I'm looking forward to not bringing cases of water bottles. Thanks again for the help Roger.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you provide a part number or the name of the store where you got the cap/backflow part?
    I see jayco has this on there pinical line.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you mean the cap on the jug and check valve at the end of the tube. I made the cap out of a PVC cap at Lowes, I drilled a hole in it. On the end of the tube I got off Amazon.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MLXHK...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    The soap dispenser is a must have for counter clutter so no more needs to be said about that. But drinking water is a must have for us. We spent a week down and out from campground water once, so now we don't trust anybody's water supply. The process was pretty simple: Drill the holes with a hole saw and mount the spigots that are available from the big box:

Attachment 25583

Installed another pump, just like the pump from GD but 1 GPM.

Attachment 25584

This is were the water bottle lives... A lot easier than carrying and storing cases of bottles.

Attachment 25585

Simple things that make a huge difference in daily life.
    What type of bit did you use for the countertops? Did you take any preventative steps to avoid the countertop cracking?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a10brink View Post
    What type of bit did you use for the countertops? Did you take any preventative steps to avoid the countertop cracking?
    The countertops are basically plastic. I don't remember the brand name, but it's a Corian equivalent.

Don't be intimidated. This material is very machine able. In the case of these holes, a standard hole saw works fine. For other projects, you can cut it with a circular saw and any carbide router bit works for the application required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12