User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drinking Water Tap and Soap Dispenser

The soap dispenser is a must have for counter clutter so no more needs to be said about that. But drinking water is a must have for us. We spent a week down and out from campground water once, so now we don't trust anybody's water supply. The process was pretty simple: Drill the holes with a hole saw and mount the spigots that are available from the big box:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200329_175526.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	25583

Installed another pump, just like the pump from GD but 1 GPM.

Name:	IMG_20200327_124745.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	25584

This is were the water bottle lives... A lot easier than carrying and storing cases of bottles.

Name:	IMG_20200327_131518.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	25585

Simple things that make a huge difference in daily life.
    Roger, Stacy and the Sophie the fur kid

2017 Solitude 300GK
    2015 Chev 2500 Diesel (replaced)
    2020 F350 DRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger, you must be spying on me... I just finished up the same mod for drinking water and installed the soap dispense that came with the residential Moen faucet I put in last season. Due to health concerns, my wife can only drink bottled water when away from our sticks and bricks. For years upon years I've brought 1 or 2.5 gallon jugs with us. I said enough was enough when we bought the Solitude with its cavernous space and monster CCC, so I went a very similar route except I used a setup meant to supply commercial coffeemakers because a good friend own a beverage supply and gave me the entire kit at cost. I found the perfect spot in the basement area where I can keep a pair of 5 gallon water bottle side-by-side.

Great job!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Roger, you must be spying on me... I just finished up the same mod for drinking water and installed the soap dispense that came with the residential Moen faucet I put in last season. Due to health concerns, my wife can only drink bottled water when away from our sticks and bricks. For years upon years I've brought 1 or 2.5 gallon jugs with us. I said enough was enough when we bought the Solitude with its cavernous space and monster CCC, so I went a very similar route except I used a setup meant to supply commercial coffeemakers because a good friend own a beverage supply and gave me the entire kit at cost. I found the perfect spot in the basement area where I can keep a pair of 5 gallon water bottle side-by-side.

Great job!
    I think this was the first thing I did when we got this rig last year. I'm just getting around to posting it now because I have time now... More to come 😎

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do good work!!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I used a setup meant to supply commercial coffeemakers because a good friend own a beverage supply and gave me the entire kit at cost. I found the perfect spot in the basement area where I can keep a pair of 5 gallon water bottle side-by-side. Great job!
    Rob, what was it exactly? Even if your friend doesn't need any more "friends" like me wanting a low price I'm interested in knowing what he sold you.

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been through the forums in length for awhile now. However i come across this and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" or better yet, " I hope the wife doesn't see this and place a new trailer mod request." Fortunately, I can tell the wife the 5 gallon jug doesn't fit in the pass thru. LoL
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Rob, what was it exactly? Even if your friend doesn't need any more "friends" like me wanting a low price I'm interested in knowing what he sold you.

Thanks.
    Mark, sorry for the delay. The impacts of COVID19 have me going around the clock as I work in a global business.

It's a Flojet BevJet with JG push-to-connect fittings and bottle-top attachment that has a NSF-certified pickup tube with integrated backflow check. The pump is a 115V model by has a transformer plug. I simply omitted that and wired direct to 12VDC with a fuse. Rated a 1 GPM at 40psi max, which is perfect for a drinking water tap so you're not challenging the 1/4" tubing and JG fittings.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw someone on YouTube do this but can't find the video again. My one major question is how do you get the water line from the island to the under-storage area?? I would love to install this in my 337RLS fifth wheel.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor739 View Post
    I saw someone on YouTube do this but can't find the video again. My one major question is how do you get the water line from the island to the under-storage area?? I would love to install this in my 337RLS fifth wheel.

From the pass through (with the wall removed), you can see where the drain pipe goes to (or comes from) the kitchen island. Use whatever it takes to push something in that general direction. I think I used a piece of stiff wire that was bent up on the end, so it would slide along on top of the insulation. Once it is close, you should be able to reach through the floor of the island cabinet and grab whatever you pushed. From there, it's just a matter of taping the tubing to it and pulling it back out. There will be some standing on your head and probably a few choice words, but it's really not that bad.

And another note. Whenever I pull a wire or pipe or whatever (in the RV, the house or where ever) I pull a rope back in as well, because I might need to pull something else somewhere close to that in the future.
    Roger, Stacy and the Sophie the fur kid

2017 Solitude 300GK
    2015 Chev 2500 Diesel (replaced)
    2020 F350 DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is a great idea. i carry about 12 milk jugs filled with our well water from home every time when leave on a trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast