User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a 2250RK last May. Called GD and the vendor about the lack of on/off/hold switches on the recliner. There is no fix for this problem and we are stuck with a poorly engineered product. The couch comes “as is” and there is no replacement cup holders like the previous versions. We’ve just had to unplug the two seats during the summer and learn to be careful not to touch them inadvertently when they are plugged in. Perhaps I will engineer my own switch someday.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colacom View Post
    Bought a 2250RK last May. Called GD and the vendor about the lack of on/off/hold switches on the recliner. There is no fix for this problem and we are stuck with a poorly engineered product. The couch comes “as is” and there is no replacement cup holders like the previous versions. We’ve just had to unplug the two seats during the summer and learn to be careful not to touch them inadvertently when they are plugged in. Perhaps I will engineer my own switch someday.
    did gd tell you that the cup holders are not replaceable? i would check with a dealership. they order them frequently because that is what usually goes out on the recliners. the hole should be the same size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbor has the old cup holders so naturally I thought I could replace it with an older version but neither GD nor the vendor could find a part number for that piece. Good idea to try a dealer in case there is an after market part.
    My neighbor’s on/off switch will actually hold the vibration, light, or heat setting as selected, a nice feature. Also, it is not obvious how the cup holder is attached (glue, screws, etc.). I will likely have to remove the recliner and determine that from underneath. May be more trouble than it’s worth even if I find a replacement. Thanks for the idea, nevertheless.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Ours is a bit older, so it might be a design change, but we have a little button on the cup holder with a lock symbol to lock out the controls. Did they get rid of that button?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Same with ours.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRCNPRFL View Post
    We plugged ours into a power strip. Mostly, they are turned off, but if we want to use them all we have to do is hit the switch on the strip.
    This is a good idea. I'm going to do this.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we are talking about Recliners here...

We removed our electric "Loveseat" and replaced it with a pair of "Manual" recliners. The original Loveseat was too small for my wife and I, the backs did not support us and the ottoman was too short and let our legs hang out too far (we are both over 6 foot tall).

I will admit to thinking I would not use (or like) the heated seat in the loveseat. Well, I grew to like the heated seat because it would keep me warm in the middle of the night when my wife is sleeping upstairs and I am downstairs where it is cooler (the problem with 5th wheels, downstairs is cool and upstairs is hot).

So, when we switched to the recliners, I bought an oversized heating pad and it kept my bum nice and toasty during our last trip on those cold nights.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Since we are talking about Recliners here...

We removed our electric "Loveseat" and replaced it with a pair of "Manual" recliners. The original Loveseat was too small for my wife and I, the backs did not support us and the ottoman was too short and let our legs hang out too far (we are both over 6 foot tall).

I will admit to thinking I would not use (or like) the heated seat in the loveseat. Well, I grew to like the heated seat because it would keep me warm in the middle of the night when my wife is sleeping upstairs and I am downstairs where it is cooler (the problem with 5th wheels, downstairs is cool and upstairs is hot).

So, when we switched to the recliners, I bought an oversized heating pad and it kept my bum nice and toasty during our last trip on those cold nights.
    I love the heated chair. I'm not a fan of just having heat under my bum, though. I'd like the heat to go up my back more.

Although all that's mute, now, as the heat function has failed on "my" side of the seat.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I love the heated chair. I'm not a fan of just having heat under my bum, though. I'd like the heat to go up my back more.

Although all that's mute, now, as the heat function has failed on "my" side of the seat.
    This heating pad will fix both issues...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend this heating pad for keeping your bum warm !!!
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    This heating pad will fix both issues...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend this heating pad for keeping your bum warm !!!
    As it turns out a few years ago we gave mother-in-law and her husband a couple of electric lap blankets. They never used them, and when he died a couple of years ago, I got one back. That's going to be in the rig when we resume travels.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote controls

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    This is what you need, remote control switch for the outlets. Attachment 25593

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    FT4NOW
    I like the remote control idea. Question - is the receptacle end of that cord wide enough for plugging both the chairs at the same time? My chairs have big ends on them. I assume these change AC to low voltage DC.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast