User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Pressure

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a spray bottle of alcohol, and have for years. I spray down the hose bib, both ends of my hose, and even the hook-up on the fifth-wheel. I don’t think that you can be too careful. I bought a quart-sized bottle at Wally-world, and a spray bottle as well. I just refill the spray bottle when it starts to get a little low. I’m on the same bottle that I bought over a year ago. It’s cheap and easy.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I carry a spray bottle of alcohol, and have for years. I spray down the hose bib, both ends of my hose, and even the hook-up on the fifth-wheel. I don’t think that you can be too careful. I bought a quart-sized bottle at Wally-world, and a spray bottle as well. I just refill the spray bottle when it starts to get a little low. I’m on the same bottle that I bought over a year ago. It’s cheap and easy.
    It's not so easy to find alcohol now thanks to the corona virus, but I'll remember your wisdom when supply is restored.

I've been using bleach, making a strong 10% solution and putting it in a spray bottle. However I've had four spray bottles in three years, the last one boasting that it was made for harsh chemicals, and all of them including the last one have failed quickly. So I have to open the bottle and pour the solution... I now have some clothing with interesting aeration features.

The alcohol would not be so hard on the spray bottles.

For the benefit of anyone who doesn't know, the best alcohol disinfectant is isopropyl alcohol in a 70% solution. It's possible to buy isopropyl in higher concentrations, like 90% or 100%, but that's actually less effective at killing germs than the 70% solution. A solution much less than 70% is also less effective, of course.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackTraveler View Post
    I apologize for the confusion. It should like you are already doing what I envision.
    Attachment 25604
    I am going to say no as the one on the trailer side will depress the check valve at the trailer and allow water out the wrong way when you use the pump. There was a post elsewhere when they had no pressure inside, but had left the hose connected, but not being used.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I am going to say no as the one on the trailer side will depress the check valve at the trailer and allow water out the wrong way when you use the pump. There was a post elsewhere when they had no pressure inside, but had left the hose connected, but not being used.
    Hope this helps
    ?? Not sure what you're saying "no" to, but the trailer-side fitting of the image of the connectors you referenced - the part of it that meets the trailer - is just a female hose fitting. It can be screwed into the trailer exactly as a hose is often screwed in and doesn't depress the check valve any more than connecting a hose would do.

If you're remembering that previous post correctly, then it's a near-certainty that the poster had removed the cone filter screen in the fresh water inlet and reversed it temporarily, which is often done to ease introduction of anti-freeze into the system during winterization. In that case, if the poster forgot to return the cone screen to its proper orientation after winterizing and left a hose attached then it would depress the check valve there and the pump would have trouble building pressure in the system.

Simply attaching the connectors in the illustration doesn't do that. The connectors can be used pretty much anywhere that a hose would be connected to something else. They allow a quick pull-push-click connection/disconnection instead of screwing the connections together, and won't interfere with anything. I have them at every point in and outside the trailer where hose-related parts would otherwise have to be screwed together.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    ?? Not sure what you're saying "no" to, but the trailer-side fitting of the image of the connectors you referenced - the part of it that meets the trailer - is just a female hose fitting. It can be screwed into the trailer exactly as a hose is often screwed in and doesn't depress the check valve any more than connecting a hose would do.

If you're remembering that previous post correctly, then it's a near-certainty that the poster had removed the cone filter screen in the fresh water inlet and reversed it temporarily, which is often done to ease introduction of anti-freeze into the system during winterization. In that case, if the poster forgot to return the cone screen to its proper orientation after winterizing and left a hose attached then it would depress the check valve there and the pump would have trouble building pressure in the system.

Simply attaching the connectors in the illustration doesn't do that. The connectors can be used pretty much anywhere that a hose would be connected to something else. They allow a quick pull-push-click connection/disconnection instead of screwing the connections together, and won't interfere with anything. I have them at every point in and outside the trailer where hose-related parts would otherwise have to be screwed together.
    Mark you are correct on your thinking about the screen.

I do remember one thing about the quick connects. If not the full flow versions they can reduce the volume of flow and possibly pressure. Full flow versions are fairly large in size (dia) compared the the common off the shelf ones you can get at HD and Walmart. I had two on outside faucets - initially made thing easy for me. However when I went to run my impact yard sprinklers they would not work well - had to remove the quick connect the get things to work. The quick connects were the cheap HD ones - came in a 2 pack. Just my .02 here

Have a safe and good weekend all.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I do remember one thing about the quick connects. If not the full flow versions they can reduce the volume of flow and possibly pressure.
    Good point; I have some of each. The ones that can be connected/disconnected while the water is under pressure are typically not full-flow because they have a valve assembly in them that stops water flowing when the valve is not depressed by the matching connector on the other side. The others are just a connector without a valve in them; water would usually be turned off when disconnecting them.

So we plan accordingly. I have a control valve similar to this one on the end of the main hose:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-...7933/100659291

I can therefore use full-flow quick-connectors between the hose and the things that I connect the hose to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where you are, or how cold it was, but last weekend in CO, it got down to 30F overnight, and part of our fresh water hose iced up, which caused us to have low water pressure until the sun came out. (I could have tried to clear the ice out, but I was sleeping )

Definitely a separate hose for the black water flush: first for convenience and second, I like to keep all of my "sewer side" gear completely separate from my "fresh water" side gear.

Your water pump should not be on when hooked up to city water. It will burn out as there is no water to essentially lubricate or cool the pump.

Mostly same answers as everyone else.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2019 F-350 SRW
    Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R on order!!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide to use the quick connectors (or any connector) on your fresh water hose, you need to make certain they are rated for drinking water and are lead free. The "cheap" connectors at Home Depot are not lead free, nor are they rated for drinking water systems.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=JColeman;286841]A quick clean with a clorox cleaner wipe,

Where did you find wipes?
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=fez111;287928]
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    A quick clean with a clorox cleaner wipe,

Where did you find wipes?
    We spray the faucet and connections with Lysol Spray.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast