User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Circling back to filling the tank . . .

Our travel pattern is 2 nights dry, one night hooked up. So I travel with some water in all the tank most of the time. I try to keep the total to around 250 lbs. When I add water I use both the in-line pressure regulator and water filter. With a 5 gallon bucket test (at my house), I figured out I was delivering a little less than 3 gallons per minute. When I add water, I typically run the hose for 8 minutes. Or a little more or less if we know how long we will be dry. Also, unless I'm confident I'm close to empty; before a refill, I pop the drain valve so I maintain a good idea of quantity/weight.

After I typed this, I'm thinking I might just retest flow rate at a couple of different places, just to be sure.
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have low pressure at every outlet or is it selective? I ask because the telescoping sink faucet with built-in sprayer uses a weak neoprene feed line that is prone to kinking. We have had this same problem in 2 recent Grand Designs. The kink is worse when the faucet head is fully retracted into the base. When pulling it out, the flow increase because it pulls the line upwards and eliminates the kink. Once it is kinked, the only option for a fix is to replace the feed line with a thicker-walled hose that will not kink.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    The problem is not necessarily at the trailer end where you control everything, and the plumbing is made to keep things cleaner, it is at the water source end where the last person there had sewage on their hands disconnecting their hose and left some for you to screw your clean water hose into. To each their own, but I am siding with that hose gets used only for that purpose.
    I'm just seeing this post now.

I guess you're describing a "public" dump facility, someplace you'd dump after camping at a site that didn't have its own sewer connection, and where the fresh water source usually has a warning about not drinking the water.

I agree and would add that the same concern/caution is required when hooking up to your "own" water supply at a campsite. I assume that the last person to use the campsite dumped and put sewage equipment away before he/she disconnected from the water source, and therefore assume unsanitary conditions at the water source.

I mix and carry with us a 10% solution of bleach to use on whatever water source we're connecting to, whether it be our campsite's water source or the cleanup water source on the (rare) occasions when we use a "public" dump facility. I may be switching to 70% alcohol when it becomes available again after the pandemic, because the bleach seems to destroy spray bottles quickly.
    Last edited by boyscout; 04-09-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123