Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof Sealer "dripping" down over front Decal

I initially thought my front decal was peeling at the top after spending the last 4 months in sunny south Florida. Don't know why but I didn't notice it down there, but in my driveway here in KY we noticed it immediately. Just got up on the roof to take a closer look. The decal is fine but the white rubbery joint sealer has apparently started migrating away from the top in an uneven fashion down the front up to 2 or 3 inches.
    My concerns are:
    A. it doesn't look good and we paid way too much to have an ugly trailer (ours is 2018 320MKS).
    and
    B. Might this be lessening the effectiveness of the sealer on that front joint?

Has anyone else run into this?

I plan to take it to our dealer, who has been fantastic on fixing warranty stuff, and even very reasonable on non warranty items.

Thanks in advance for any insight or experiences!
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They probably used the self leveling sealant instead of the non sagging one. Easy fix for the dealer or you.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Louisville also and my 295RL is doing exactly the same thing. I would hate to have to haul it over to the dealer to wait on them to do if it is an easy task to remove the sealant from the top of the cap.
    Anyone ever done that and if so how did you do it?
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0
    2020 295RL Reflection, Curt A16 Hitch