Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV and Fireplace Talk to Each Other!

While driveway camping in our new Reflection 150 series 295rl with a TCL TV and an electric fireplace, I discovered that if I used the fireplace remote to lower the "flame", the volume of the TV also was lowered! It would even display the volume setting on the screen. I could only lower the volume not raise it with the fireplace remote. I wonder if anyone else has seen this same frequency phenomenon? When the current situation calms down, I might call GD to point this out but it's not something I am going to loose sleep over.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just a light, so any device can see another device’s remote signal. Blink pattern determines the function, and it looks like they selected the same patterns.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    While driveway camping in our new Reflection 150 series 295rl with a TCL TV and an electric fireplace, I discovered that if I used the fireplace remote to lower the "flame", the volume of the TV also was lowered! It would even display the volume setting on the screen. I could only lower the volume not raise it with the fireplace remote. I wonder if anyone else has seen this same frequency phenomenon? When the current situation calms down, I might call GD to point this out but it's not something I am going to loose sleep over.
    We don't use the fireplace remote, but, occasionally, the TV remote turns off the fireplace.

We replaced our TCL TV when it died and now have a Visio TV and this happens, we didn't notice it happening with the TCL.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our TCL tv died and was replaced by a Sharp, and now the new tv remote messes with the fireplace. No big deal, just annoying.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK