Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted the pic of the backside of the antenna switch plate... 3 wires coming in (looks like 2 for the over the air antenna) and 1 for the cable... am I missing something? None of them worked with directv.

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    In almost every situation the splitter to all the TVs is AFTER the antenna/cable switch. That's how most manufacturers distribute cable or antenna (Over-The-Air) to all the TVs. In almost every situation the cable coming in goes directly to the antenna/cable switch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gd369rl View Post
    Went behind the switch and took a picture. Tried plugging the directv box directly into all 3 cables and none worked - just got the 771 searching for signal... works fine right from winegard -> directv - so obviously some type of splitter or issue with GD wiring and only having 1 main wire come in...

Any clue what else I can try?

Attachment 25633

Dang... I would have bet money that the cable from the water bay went directly to the port marked "Cable" on the back of that wall plate.

So now check behind the port in the water bay and see if it is an orange colored cable or some other color. It may help demystify things (or not ).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I can try - not real obvious how to get behind the cable port in the water bay though...

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Dang... I would have bet money that the cable from the water bay went directly to the port marked "Cable" on the back of that wall plate.

So now check behind the port in the water bay and see if it is an orange colored cable or some other color. It may help demystify things (or not ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12