User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to properly post, respond manage questons, answers etc.

I am not sure how to search this information. I need to know how to properly communicate. How to properly post. How to respond to comments regarding my post. How to respond or ask a question on someone else's post. How to delete an old post question etc. I don't see the guidelines for proper management. I appear to not be doing it correctly so I need input. Thank you for any information on where to find all these answers. -Janice

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    I am not sure how to search this information. I need to know how to properly communicate. How to properly post. How to respond to comments regarding my post. How to respond or ask a question on someone else's post. How to delete an old post question etc. I don't see the guidelines for proper management. I appear to not be doing it correctly so I need input. Thank you for any information on where to find all these answers. -Janice
    I'm not sure what you mean "not doing it correctly". This post is posted correctly.

There is a "Commumity Rules" thread on the Admin forum, if that's of any help:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ommunity-Rules

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean "not doing it correctly". This post is posted correctly.

There is a "Commumity Rules" thread on the Admin forum, if that's of any help:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ommunity-Rules
    I guess someone was trying to explain about responding correctly. I did not use quote option. When a bunch of people respond and you want to respond to separately to each responder, or as a group how to do that. I did see information you referenced. I just already had to reply that I was not following proper procedures etc. Thanks so much for your response. -Janice

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    Hi, thanks for caring about participating in the best way possible. You obviously know how to create a thread and reply to a message in it. Here are some tips.

- Your use of the "Reply With Quote" link when you created your post #3 above is one of the best practices of all. Including the message you're responding to - as you did - gives context to your reply for readers who will follow. It also creates an automatic notification so that the next time that person visits the forum he/she will know that you've responded to their message.

- If you don't want to include the WHOLE of a previous message in your reply you can edit the message text that is automatically pasted into your reply. Just be sure not to disturb the parts at the beginning and end of the text, the parts that are enclosed in square brackets.

- In rare circumstances where including any part of the previous message will be superfluous, but you want to flag the person you're responding to, you can enter their username preceded by the '@' symbol, as in @jabhoyt. That creates a notification that you've mentioned that person.

- There are 'Thanks' and 'Like' links at the lower left of each message. Use the links to express appreciation instead of creating a message to just say thanks, or like.

- Create a 'signature' under your user profile. Include at least your name and which trailer you have, if not a little more information about your setup. That signature text automatically appears at the bottom of every post, so when you ask a question people here know what trailer you're asking about. See mine below. To create yours, click on Settings at upper right, then look for Edit Signature at the left side of the resulting page.

- Always search the forum before you post with a question. Chances are it has already been answered, and you may find better information in older threads about it than you will get from people who are weary of answering that question again. You can use the search feature at the right under the photo above, but I find that I often get more results using google. Just enter your search terms into google as you normally would, and then add exactly this

site:mygrandrv.com

immediately after your search terms before you click Search. Google will search only this site, and will often get you better results.

- Try to carefully pick the category most suited to your questions / comments rather than posting everything in a general category.

- The last thing I'll suggest is that you help others by passing this information along to new people when they arrive here.

Welcome! Hope that this was the information you were looking for, and that this place meets your careful expectations.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Hi, thanks for caring about participating in the best way possible. You obviously know how to create a thread and reply to a message in it. Here are some tips............. ......Welcome! Hope that this was the information you were looking for, and that this place meets your careful expectations.
    Mark,
    Nice post . Thanks for helping Janet (jabhoyt). I'm working with the admins and moderators on some instructions and tips on membership, signatures, etc. and might incorporate your advice above about good ways to respond to posts.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another suggestion about submitting the original post for a topic: Please be specific with the topic's Title. It should clearly identify the topic's subject matter.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not young, but I can't find how to submit a question. I guess there is a place I need to go but I can't find it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    I am not young, but I can't find how to submit a question. I guess there is a place I need to go but I can't find it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
    What kind of question? About how the forum runs? About a specific model Grand Design? About a problem with (something)?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    On the upper left of each sub forum is a blue shaded oval that has +Post new thread. Select that and the posting page will open. Title the post and continue to the text box and ask away.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I don't see your oval new post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast