User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone install Drain Master Electric Dump Valves?

I am considering installing these Drain Master dump valves and would like to know from any who also installed them how they have performed for you? Any issues? How did the install go. As we have a Solitude 310GK, I am particularly interested to hear any install issues, concerns etc. specific to the 310GK?
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t replace the valves , but I have removed a one to see if I could get it to open / close easier. Two that I checked are fairly accessible. Drop the rear curbside corner of the front section of coroplast. The kitchen gray and what I think is the black tank valves are right there. They are different sizes.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing your experience accessing the valves. Did you have any luck getting the valves to open an close easier? Although it is possible the blades in the valves could have debris or in need of some lubrication, I suspect the opening and closing issue has more to do with the flexible mechanism between the handle rod and the valve since it is not a direct push/pull as in some RV's. I am considering the electric valves in part to solve the same issue you were trying to address and I am suspicious my grey 1 tank is leaking, so if that is the case, what better time to replace it with an electric one.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Thank you for sharing your experience accessing the valves. Did you have any luck getting the valves to open an close easier? Although it is possible the blades in the valves could have debris or in need of some lubrication, I suspect the opening and closing issue has more to do with the flexible mechanism between the handle rod and the valve since it is not a direct push/pull as in some RV's. I am considering the electric valves in part to solve the same issue you were trying to address and I am suspicious my grey 1 tank is leaking, so if that is the case, what better time to replace it with an electric one.
    A little. Mine was a little tight and didn’t seem to have enough travel at the handle. First , there was plastic that looked to be from the sliding blade when it was cast , probably , caught in the valve. Second , the valve on the galley tank is smaller than the others , 2” best I recall. This is why I thought it was not opening all the way , which was actually my main concern. Lastly , the cable comes out fairly straight from the panel , but has to turn 90* before it attaches. This accounts for some of the stiffness and spongy feeling.
    That’s all I have , hope it helps, Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you search this site you’ll find several folks that installed a grease zerk in the valve body. Lube it with food grade grease yearly and the valves are like new. Been doing mine for three years.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our unit for about five years now and have used it extensively. I have had some trouble with the cables sticking during that time. I believe some of the problem was related to the water supply configuration in the hookup area. The supply connections, fresh water and black tank flush are located above the waste control cables. The water drips onto those cables and begins to rust. I clean those cables often and lube them with a thin oil, which has helped, although not as much as I would like. I did add short extensions on the supply connections, which has eliminated water dripping onto the cables. That has helped a lot.

I would be hesitant to use anything electrical for a waste valve controller , as in my experience electrical components are more prone to failure than mechanical ones. Plus, what if you get caught in some type of situation where your electrical supply doesn't work and you have full tanks ?

Just my opinion, and worth what it you paid for it.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins