User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles01 View Post
    Just cancel my reservation at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in Townsend Tennessee 4/26-4/30 and was charge a $15 dollars cancellation fee. Has anyone else experienced this . I would think with the stay at home order by the government this fee should be waived.

Bill
    Cancellation policy from their web site.
    CANCELLATION POLICY:
    RV & Tent Sites:If you would like to move your reservation to another date we do that one time as a courtesy as long as it is done 5 days prior to the arrival date with no penalties. If you are renting a RV or Tent Site in the unlikely event that you must cancel, we require a 5 day notice by phone prior to the day of arrival. Refunds will be issued immediately less a $15 cancellation fee. With less than 5 day notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation.

That's a spendy place.
    Reservation Details
    $208.00
    Back In, Off River RV A01 45' (4 nights)
    Sun, Apr 26, 2020 - Thu, Apr 30, 2020
    2 Guests
    $208.00
    Sub Total:
    $30.68
    Tax:
    $10.40
    Occupancy Tax
    $20.28
    Blount Co.

Total: $238.68
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to cancle a reservation at a RV park in San Diego. They refunded all my money. I will make another reservation at that park when we get the chance. $15 isn't the end of the world. However they should give you back all your money because it's not anyone's fault you cant go.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles01 View Post
    Just cancel my reservation at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in Townsend Tennessee 4/26-4/30 and was charge a $15 dollars cancellation fee. Has anyone else experienced this . I would think with the stay at home order by the government this fee should be waived.

Bill
    Trying to get our group trip figured out. We're in PA, have 8 sites reserved for May 1. Campgrounds policy is sites must be paid in full 2 weeks before reservation date. You can cancel up to 2 weeks prior, but there is a $20 charge to cancel. They had talked about moving our dates, but that doesn't work for most of us. No one is sure yet if they're going to extend the stay at home order, so campground advised they are having another meeting today. Still waiting to hear from them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cancelled the KOA by Savannah GA no problem, fee was waived. I cancelled the Whispering Pines in Georgetown KY and they haven't issued the refund yet. There will be no cancel fee, she said she's swamped and promises to get to it or we can leave it on the books for next time. We've used this campground several times on our last leg before getting home so I trust them.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cancellation fees, and forgiveness are all over the place. Haven't canceled my coming month in Canada trip yet, but am expecting to have to, with the border restrictions and all. Potential to lose a few hundred if all the places go to the max. But 'tis a small price to pay to someone else who likely will desperately need it. While I don't have $$ to just throw around, neither am I losing my livelihood. A small amount, if it helps them be there when all of this is over.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just cancelled 7 reservations for a 30 day trip to AZ and UT. 3 gave us full refunds, 4 charged me $15 to $25 as per thier normal policy. All were privately owned.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 6+ week cross country trip planned but decided against it. Cancellation fees ranged from $15 to forfeiting our 1-night deposit. And we cancelled more than a month in advance.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We canceled 2 camping trips and the campground put our payment into their "fee paid bucket". When this finally ends we have up to a year to re-schedule a their campground. I could have asked for a full refund, but since we were early in the pandemic - and no-one thought at that time it would expand so - I elected to take the later date.

Both campgrounds are now in a self imposed lockdown. If you have an RV and need a place to stay (Winter Texans) your welcome. If you're medical, military or first responder you're welcome, but general camping is not allowed. I called then last week and they offered a full refund which I declined. I figured it wasn't that much money, but it might keep someone on the payroll a week longer.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cancellation fees help these small businesses so we can visit them in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a related sidebar - the major University I used to work for, coming from the department I used to work at, just got a lot of flak about giving students only a bit more than 20% of their room and board fees back, even though most had been asked to move out with 50% of the semester left. (The school has since relented). I'm sure it all came about due to lots of fixed costs that had already been paid for things up front by the school, as well has the crushing blow to try and keep as many people on payroll as they could during the shutdown. Trying to distribute some of the pain over a broader base - they definitely weren't trying to advantage themselves. Just like the problems campgrounds face. We may not get any "value" for what we will now not be doing, but they will be hurting so much more...so some shared pain is fine with me. We're all in this together.

(Now, back in "normal" times, I might rant about some particularly abusive cancellation policies..but we are way beyond "normal")
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12