User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancellation fee

Just cancel my reservation at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in Townsend Tennessee 4/26-4/30 and was charge a $15 dollars cancellation fee. Has anyone else experienced this . I would think with the stay at home order by the government this fee should be waived.

Bill
    Pat and Bill with Kaycee the Shar-Pei Hound and Abby the Shar-Pei Beagle in our hearts.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3 Godzilla 3.73 locking axle
    Andersen Hitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems excessive in the time we are in now. Maybe you would have been better off letting them cancel you.
    With the consumer cancelling I could see a small nominal fee to offset the cost of doing business with credit cards , but not that much. Many consumers have no idea how much in fees a small business incurs running cards.

We did not cancel anything yet, we did get canceled by the National Forest service and they refunded us. Our only other plan is the TN rally mid May and will be surprised if it doesn't get called off or postponed.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far everything I cancelled was full refund. However, the 2 things I cancelled. One was a county gov't run park and the ressie came up cancelled but no refund as of today. The other was canceled via E mail, the owners of the campground refunded within a day and in full due to the circumstances. With that said, it might be due to what is happening in TN. The resort park may be exercising it's right to charge since the current gov't directives don't cover them fully. I would suggest to check in on TN's current Covid 19 closings before anything should be done further. If Tennessee state's they are shelter in place until April 15th and campgrounds can stay open during this time, then you might be on the hook. If TN states they are shelter in place until May 1st, then you might have a case with your CC or the resort itself.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles01 View Post
    Just cancel my reservation at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in Townsend Tennessee 4/26-4/30 and was charge a $15 dollars cancellation fee. Has anyone else experienced this . I would think with the stay at home order by the government this fee should be waived.

Bill
    While many travel related cancellations with refund fees are being waived, not all are. It depends on the business.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Marcy mentioned above, we have had several campgrounds (VA, NC, and National Forest) cancel me. We were refunded. Everything I had made through Memorial day has been cancelled on me. As an FYI, the latest cancellation was a reservation at Bull Run Regional Park, which is part of the NOVA (North Virginia) park system. This was for Memorial Day weekend.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In GA the shelter in place order was announced yesterday and goes in effect tomorrow at noon. I had a reservation at a local privately owned rv park for today through Sunday. I called this morning and canceled since I wasn't willing to go for just one night. The lady on the phone was very understanding and immediately refunded my full reservation amount.

She encouged me to come stay at her rv park as soon as life gets back to normal. Will definitely go as soon as I can.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two weeks ago we came home from SoCal early because of the pandemic. We had made reservations at the KOA in Hurricane, UT. We decided that we needed to drive straight through and cancelled at the KOA. Called the KOA and explained and they cancelled everything without a fee. That was nice of them.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess my first question on the $15 cancellation fee is... is that their normal policy?

While I do agree, in this case, it would be NICE, if businesses would waive their normal cancellation policy, I don't expect it.

I stand to possibly lose $2100 for renting a VRBO for my entire family, first week of June in Orlando. VRBO is encouraging owners to change their cancellation policies to be more considerate, but there's no requirement. The owner for the property I rented at least has offered to reschedule if it comes to that.

I guess maybe Im in the minority that I understand these campgrounds etc are really gonna take a huge hit, and if I lose $15 if I have to cancel, and it goes into the campground owners pocket, Im okay with it personally.

I know not everyone can afford to have that attitude. I don't begrudge those that can't. I also tip 25% if I go to curb side pickup at restaurant too, even though I didn't get "full" service.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have been OK if the RV park had kept my entire first night per their cancelation policy. It's a small privately owned rv park and I'm sure they are going to take a huge hit. With that said it was nice to get all my money back and as soon as I can I'll go stay there. I felt it was a good move on their part as I'm sure they don't want to piss anyone off and they want to have a full park as soon as possible.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We canceled two camping reservations today here in Michigan. Both places are private camp grounds with cancellation fees. Both places automatically waved the fees because of the virus. Even though I offered to pay they said no thank you and let’s all be safe. That shows it’s not all about money but wouldn’t hold it against any business for charging their fees. I may add one reservation was for May and the other early June. Let’s all look out for each other and be safe. Jim
    Last edited by 242 checkmate; 04-02-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast