User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Upstate (Western) New York State and our hospitals are pretty well ready as we are seeing on TV, However, New York City is having a horrible time. The latest edict from our (great?) governor is that he will be sending the National Guard to Upstate to "collect" all of our ventilators that are not being used, so they can be used downstate. The only problem is that when we NEED them (our numbers are rising, only slower than NYC), he says that they will return them (how can a ventilator that is being used be returned) or reimburse our hospitals for what they cost so we can buy what we need. Ventilators are in extremely short supply and if HE can't buy any, what makes him think that we will be able to???

We're staying in and following the distancing rules when we do our once-a-week trip to the grocery store, but when we see pictures of those in NYC NOT following the recommendations and then the governor's order that he will be "confiscating" our ventilators, it makes me very, very nervous.
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    We live in Upstate (Western) New York State and our hospitals are pretty well ready as we are seeing on TV, However, New York City is having a horrible time. The latest edict from our (great?) governor is that he will be sending the National Guard to Upstate to "collect" all of our ventilators that are not being used, so they can be used downstate. The only problem is that when we NEED them (our numbers are rising, only slower than NYC), he says that they will return them (how can a ventilator that is being used be returned) or reimburse our hospitals for what they cost so we can buy what we need. Ventilators are in extremely short supply and if HE can't buy any, what makes him think that we will be able to???

We're staying in and following the distancing rules when we do our once-a-week trip to the grocery store, but when we see pictures of those in NYC NOT following the recommendations and then the governor's order that he will be "confiscating" our ventilators, it makes me very, very nervous.
    Eric,
    Right there cringing with you. S O P, all for NYC, while the rest of the “Empire” state can pound salt.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in agreement with your post. Your governor of your State is concerned with NYC. Upper NY State is beautiful and we are sorry for your State's decisions, if they do take your ventilators. Stay Well and SAFE!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I are remaining isolated at our remote country cabin. My wife noticed a suspect skin cancer lesion in the “conch” of my rt ear. In the last 40 years I’ve had several basal cell and squamous cell cancers removed. I sent a picture to my friend who is a dermatologist. He recommended to have it biopsied.

So tonight, Sunday evening, my dermatologist friend stopped by, did a house call and biopsied the lesion while I was sitting at our kitchen table.

It’s always nice to have good friends.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post

So, are you saying that its okay that people die in NYC and on Long Island (the current hot spot), so you can keep your unused respirators on the shelf? Is that the gist? Your statement really hits a sore spot with me. I have a very good friend (known him for 45 years) who's only 52 years old, with a wife and 2 kids in college, with no other underlying conditions in the local ICU, with dangerously low oxygen levels, waiting to be placed on a respirator. Unfortunately respirators are in short supply and the plan is to move them where they are needed. I understand your concerns but what else are they to do?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live in NY, but I can certainly understand the sentiment from folks that are in state, but NOT in NYC, feeling like they are the second class citizens of the state.

Having said that, this is no normal situation. The Governor is the Governor for the entire state, and if there are resources in one part of the state, that are needed in another, I believe he has all the rights, and the responsibilities to utilize the state's resources in the best way possible to save the citizens of New York STATE.

NYC is going through hell right now, and they need our help, our thoughts and our prayers.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Thank you!

We’ve really needed a “NYEXIT” for the last 70 years or so.
    N
    I was born in Corning NY, and lived in the area till 13. Lived a few miles south of Watkins Glen for for years - Chambers NY. I have in laws (and nieces and nephews) in Syracuse - and there are 372 active cases there and 5 deaths. Believe me - I know how you feel. Things have not changed much in 50 years. One of a few reasons my parents relocated the family back to PA. Too many restrictions and other stuff - all because of NYC. Having said that - if people need ventilators they need to move them - but you can't leave hospitals barren either. I think that everyone here has a point - we're all in this together, and we'll come out of this together. We all want a good outcome for everyone. Reality is, not everyone will have a good outcome - sad but true. Nothing about this has been nor is going to be easy. In my opinion the Administration is doing a good job under very trying and difficult circumstances. I see DAILY that Cuomo give thanks to the President and his team for the support. It'll all be done soon and we can go back to complaining about something else.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    In my opinion the Administration is doing a good job under very trying and difficult circumstances. I see DAILY that Cuomo give thanks to the President and his team for the support.
    My grade for the period from January to mid-March is a solid "F" due to delay and denial, after mid-March I agree that he is doing about as well as anyone given the limitations. We need to massively increase our testing to get out of this. I hope they are laying the groundwork for that.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post removed by me to much politics sorry .... go camping ... later Frank ... when you can
    Last edited by frank4711; 04-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Dr Brix asked tat everyone consider less trips out to grocery / pharmacy and only one person go instead of 2 or the entire family ... headlines next day said "recommendation not go to grocery store" Frank

Frank,

That is not true

Actually, Dr Birx is the one who stated not to go to the grocery store or pharmacy for the next two weeks. You can see her saying that in the video in the Breitbart.com link below.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...grocery-store/
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast