User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Route to Banff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only time, both are scenic, depending on how you return you may want to come back the opposite way.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
    The route I'm planning to Banff runs up route 93 out of Montana. At Radium Hot Springs, RV Trip Wizard wants me to continue north on route 95 instead of staying with route 93. Since the recommended route adds an hour or more to the trip, I'm wondering if anyone knows why route 93 from Radium Hot Springs to Castle Junction would not be appropriate. I'm in a Ram 3500 pulling a 315 RLTS.

TIA.
    Canada borders closed for another 30 days.
    We had plans to go there too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hwy 93 to Banff

Quote Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
    The route I'm planning to Banff runs up route 93 out of Montana. At Radium Hot Springs, RV Trip Wizard wants me to continue north on route 95 instead of staying with route 93. Since the recommended route adds an hour or more to the trip, I'm wondering if anyone knows why route 93 from Radium Hot Springs to Castle Junction would not be appropriate. I'm in a Ram 3500 pulling a 315 RLTS.

TIA.
    We traveled the 93 route to Canada 1 into Banff in summer of 2018. I have an outfit very similar to yours, 07 Dodge 3500 Megacab and 35ft. Bighorn. 93 was no problem. You’ll see some beautiful country, grades you’ll have no problem pulling, and Kootenay National Park is magnificent. We saw a male Grizzly on one of the passes right next to the road and watched him feed for over 40 minutes. The best part was no other cars stopped and spooked him away. Only advice I would give you is don’t plan your trip on the weekend of Canada day.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary&Letha View Post
    Canada borders closed for another 30 days.
    We had plans to go there too.
    No worries - We're heading up there in early September (what would normally be shoulder season, but this year who knows....), so I'm optimistic that the border - and the park - will be open.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for your information you might want to have an alternative vacation planned. Our federal government and provincial governments have made it very clear that our borders will not be open to any foreign visitors unless their countries have Covid 19 irradicated.
    Case24

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by case24 View Post
    Just for your information you might want to have an alternative vacation planned. Our federal government and provincial governments have made it very clear that our borders will not be open to any foreign visitors unless their countries have Covid 19 irradicated.
    Case24
    Thanks. I’ll worry about that when it’s time to worry about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12