User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
    Perfect spot to enjoy God beauty. I have a question, how do you like your fire pit?
    The Solo Stove Bonfire is an awesome pit. One of the better purchases we've made. I highly endorse them.

You'd be hard to find a truly bad review on the Bonfire model. I couldn't find one other than a little pricey.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    The Solo Stove Bonfire is an awesome pit. One of the better purchases we've made. I highly endorse them.

You'd be hard to find a truly bad review on the Bonfire model. I couldn't find one other than a little pricey.
    Out of curiosity, what are so good about them?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are so good about them?

It's a double wall construction that allows air to not only come up from the bottom but also air travels up through the double wall construction and exits into the pit at the top. Because of this what happens is air going up from the bottom feeds the fire. The air going up the double wall construction heats up and does an afterburner effect on the smoke from the burning wood. Once going good this results in a really clean burning fire with very little smoke.

The main features:

If you build a proper firewood stack it's super easy to light and get it going.

Once going good (15-20 minutes) almost completely smoke fee

If you have the riser stand you can put it on your lawn and it won't scorch the grass.

Will completely burn all wood to only ash leftover.

Once going good it'll burn fresh cut completely green wood without issue.

Comes with a nice carrying case.

Like I said I can't speak too highly about it.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a double wall construction that allows air to not only come up from the bottom but also air travels up through the double wall construction and exits into the pit at the top. Because of this what happens is air going up from the bottom feeds the fire. The air going up the double wall construction heats up and does an afterburner effect on the smoke from the burning wood. Once going good this results in a really clean burning fire with very little smoke.

The main features:

If you have the riser stand you can put it on your lawn and it won't scorch the grass.

Great info thanks again

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main features:

How do you clean it out when done, just dump it? I didnt know how heavy they were.
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
    How do you clean it out when done, just dump it? I didnt know how heavy they were.
    Yes just turn it over and dump it. It completely burns everything to ash so there will be no half burnt pieces left in the pit. The Bonfire model weights 20 #'s and isn't too huge so dumping it is easily managed by one person.

Their Yukon model is a bit bigger and heavier and is a bit of a struggle for one person to dump it.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A member of our Jeep club has one he often takes on our overnight Jeep runs. I noticed small flames (like a Bic lighter size) coming from the holes around the top. It's almost as if the thing is producing wood gas and that gas is flowing through the double wall to burn off the smoke and soot. We plan on getting one in the future, but not right now.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    A member of our Jeep club has one he often takes on our overnight Jeep runs. I noticed small flames (like a Bic lighter size) coming from the holes around the top. It's almost as if the thing is producing wood gas and that gas is flowing through the double wall to burn off the smoke and soot. We plan on getting one in the future, but not right now.

John

That is what I call the after burner effect. You can see them pretty good at the 2 o'clock position.

Attachment 26491
    Charles and Susan

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post

John

That is what I call the after burner effect. You can see them pretty good at the 2 o'clock position.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssbonfireF1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	26492
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a tiny little trailer (rolling hard-wall tent with storage)... so I just bought the Solo Stove Campfire model, mostly to use for cooking breakfast with minimal hassle. We tried it out last night in the backyard and it seems to work quite well. Anything you drop in there burns pretty readily. The small unit requires small bits of wood and it consumes them FAST. You have to keep feeding it or it'll go from raging to extinguished in a couple of minutes. Clean up was really easy... wait 5 minutes for everything to cool down and dump the ashes out. I think it'll be great for cooking the old hashbrowns/eggs/ham/cheese breakfast mash-up.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast