Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parking Thoughts Estimate

Hello,

Our travel trailer is in and I need to go pick it up after all this is over with. I was wondering what your thoughts were of a 2670MK fitting in the blue box in my image as far as being able to maneuver it back there.

The yellow line is roughly 30 feet long, the travel trailer is 32 I think.

https://ibb.co/SQyBQtx

Have to link to image, idk why it's not saving the image I'm uploaded here.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 04-02-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer depends on how apt you are in backing up trailers. I think it's possible, but then I've dealt with all sizes of trailers most of my adult life. My first "challenge" was backing a 10 ft trailer onto a sidewalk, and making a 90 degree turn at the edge of a building, with pillars blocking my way.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure I'll be able to learn how to do it, but I just want thoughts on the width of the driveway for my truck to turn. Otherwise, would I need one of those trolleys that allow me to push it/pull it.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't try to make both turns all at once. It should be doable. I would start out probably as close to center as possible, and make the first turn at as shallow an angle as possible, basically "cut" the first turn at as flat of an angle as possible.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

Our travel trailer is in and I need to go pick it up after all this is over with. I was wondering what your thoughts were of a 2670MK fitting in the blue box in my image as far as being able to maneuver it back there.

The yellow line is roughly 30 feet long, the travel trailer is 32 I think.

https://ibb.co/SQyBQtx

Have to link to image, idk why it's not saving the image I'm uploaded here.
    It may depend on whether there is enough space to maneuver your truck for turning the trailer.

Pretty sure you aren't able to upload photos as a non-paying member. Uploading photos is one of the benefits of paying memberships as well as larger in box, not ads and a few other things.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won’t be much fun but should be manageable. As others have said you will need to monitor the passenger front corner of the truck for obstacles. As you start to turn past your deck the corner of the garage will not be visible in your mirrors. You may benefit from a reliable spotter.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks doable but you might have to unhook with the truck at an angle to the trailer. The real question is how long is that blue box? What that sticking out from the back of the house? Air conditioner? I would keep the truck/front of TT tight to the house and back of TT tight to the garage. That let's you go in the blue box with the least amount of angle.

I put mine through a fairly tight hole to get it in the backyard.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

That's a cement pad where a shed was. I plan on putting rock down all on that side so the travel trailer sits on it. There's about 20ish feet from the garage to the shed, and more than enough room front to back. What else would anyone recommend putting down under the TT for parking so I'm not making mud anywhere.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way I would attempt that move. I'm not saying you cant try but the first time will be a epic challenge. I would defiantly call around to see if you can find a storage place for a back up plain.