User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJOB View Post
    What has changed is the length of the box on the standard bed. I believe it was 6'5" (or 6'6") and for 2020 has been increased to 6'10". This has changed the location of factory installed fiver/goose hitch placement. Apparently this is what has the hitch manufacturers scrambling???
    What I believe caused the issue of the 2019 and prior hitches not fitting on the 2020's is the puck pattern. In order to keep and use my Comfort Ride hitch, which I really like, I scrambled to find an adapter. Demco makes one that fits the new 2020 factory puck mount with the hitch. The "old" puck pattern was different, so I'm told. I didn't have the puck system in my 2016 Silverado so I couldn't compare that with the new.
    Mike & Marta
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD CC standard bed Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride 184 hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks - what is the year and make of your truck?
    15 F250 Lariat.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m&mjones View Post
    What I believe caused the issue of the 2019 and prior hitches not fitting on the 2020's is the puck pattern. In order to keep and use my Comfort Ride hitch, which I really like, I scrambled to find an adapter. Demco makes one that fits the new 2020 factory puck mount with the hitch. The "old" puck pattern was different, so I'm told. I didn't have the puck system in my 2016 Silverado so I couldn't compare that with the new.
    How stupid of GM to make a change like this. Now we have guys that have a hitch they can't use because GM decided to make a change. This is just one more reason Ford outsells GM . Ford does some stupid stuff also and sometimes I just don't get it but changing the puck layout is just plain stupid. Thank You GM

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand corrected - it seems that the height of the side rails and tailgate are the same from the previous model (<2019) to the new model (2020). I had the sales guy from the dealer go out and measure both models and they are the same. What has changed is the length of the box on the standard bed. I believe it was 6'5" (or 6'6") and for 2020 has been increased to 6'10". This has changed the location of factory installed fiver/goose hitch placement. Apparently this is what has the hitch manufacturers scrambling???

Sorry for the previous misinformation.
    OK, thank you for the follow-up. The bed in mine (the 2011-2014 generation) is just shy of 6'7". I suspect the 2015-2019s were very close.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newbie here. We have a 2020 Reflection 303 RLS and were all set to install the Andersen 3220 - Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2 - Gooseneck on our new 2020 GMC 2500 HD, only to discover it does not fit. More specifically , "due to the build of 2020 Chevy & GMC Trucks, the Ultimate Connection will not provide enough clearance". (Tail gate and side rail clearance)

Recommendations? We wanted the Andersen because it was light weight, easy in and out. We were prepared to forego the 90 degree turn that a slider might give. Looking for the advice, wisdom and experience of my new colleagues here on the Forum.

Thanks in advance!
    I have a 2020 GMC AT4 3500 and the Andersen works for me. I just had to rotate the red piece on the king pin to the back where on my previous unit it was forward facing.
    Last edited by Gobbledot; 04-06-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    How stupid of GM to make a change like this. Now we have guys that have a hitch they can't use because GM decided to make a change. This is just one more reason Ford outsells GM . Ford does some stupid stuff also and sometimes I just don't get it but changing the puck layout is just plain stupid. Thank You GM
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you don't like Chevy much?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2020 GM HDs are all new from the frame up. Heavier duty frames, longer "std" box, rear spring packs, 10 speed Allison, drive shafts, rear end on at least 3500s, and much much more. The factory fiver/goose platform changed to match the frame and all the other engineering specifications for towing and in general HD use. GM did not simply change it to change it.......it was done to improve the truck capabilities all around.

The re-sized dimensions of the puck placement actually open up more bed space as well as compared with prior generation GM. About 6" closer between left and right pucks and about 9" closer between front to rear pucks according to measurements shared on a GM forum a few months ago.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
    I have a 2020 GMC AT4 3500 and the Andersen works for me. I just had to rotate the red piece on the king pin to the back where on my previous unit it was forward facing.
    Do you have the 8' box or the standard bed?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you don't like Chevy much?
    Nope i don't. However i don't hate guys that own them. Now if you drive some import than 6' may not be enough social distance LOL

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope i don't. However i don't hate guys that own them. Now if you drive some import than 6' may not be enough social distance LOL
    LMAO OK, that's something we can agree on!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast