User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Nope i don't. However i don't hate guys that own them. Now if you drive some import than 6' may not be enough social distance LOL
    Canyonlight - "GM did not simply change it to change it.......it was done to improve the truck capabilities all around."

What he said...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJOB View Post
    Do you have the 8' box or the standard bed?
    Standard bed. When I first used it on the 2020 truck I had it in the forward facing position and the back of the pin box was about 1" from my tailgate, after turning I think it gave me about 8".
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
    Standard bed. When I first used it on the 2020 truck I had it in the forward facing position and the back of the pin box was about 1" from my tailgate, after turning I think it gave me about 8".
    You can place the ball frontwards or rearwards moving the ball location 8 inches. You could also rotate the cup on the pin box also giving 8 inches for / aft location. Or some combo of each that works. Also there are three holes in the shaft of the ball to raise or lower the pin box as needed to clear the side rails. 6 to 7 inches is good. From practical experience I have found the closer and lower you can keep the ball / pinbox relationship, the better it handles and rides. With a 6'-10" bed I don't think you will have any problems with turning clearance. The important measurement now is the distance of the gooseball (which should be centered over the axle) to the tailgate. I'm curious if they added length to the bed before the axle or after. More distance before benefits clearance when turning.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-09-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks - what is the year and make of your truck?
    15 F250 srw sb

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Canyonlight - "GM did not simply change it to change it.......it was done to improve the truck capabilities all around."

What he said...
    I get that but improvements should have the end user in mind.You buy a new truck and there is no way your hitch works? Also who is making a new hitch to fit the new and improved Chevrolet? I hear that you can buy a adapter but I am never a fan of adapters. Something about that word makes me think something is hokey. If it doesn't fit well a hammer and screwdriver will make something to make it work. You would think with all the hitches already on the market that Chevrolet could design the truck with all it's improvements fit the hitch we have.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    You can place the ball frontwards or rearwards moving the ball location 8 inches. .
    Do you mean the ball on the hitch? Meaning, turn the hitch itself around 180 degrees? The hitch i bought clearly marks which side is supposed to face the tailgate, so i don't know if that is an option in this case.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean the ball on the hitch? Meaning, turn the hitch itself around 180 degrees? The hitch i bought clearly marks which side is supposed to face the tailgate, so i don't know if that is an option in this case.
    You are correct, I forgot about that and confirmed it looking at my own hitch.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I get that but improvements should have the end user in mind.You buy a new truck and there is no way your hitch works? Also who is making a new hitch to fit the new and improved Chevrolet? I hear that you can buy a adapter but I am never a fan of adapters. Something about that word makes me think something is hokey. If it doesn't fit well a hammer and screwdriver will make something to make it work. You would think with all the hitches already on the market that Chevrolet could design the truck with all it's improvements fit the hitch we have.
    Yeah - I agree. With all of the engineers they have, all of the people who design and redesign new vehicles and concept vehicles you would think someone would see this. Alas, a vehicle made for pulling something (3/4 ton and up) is rendered kind of useless until you find all of the NEW pieces and parts. I tell ya, they're all in cahoots!!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What position is your pin adapter mounted? is the ball/funnel in front of the kingpin or mounted behind it? I had a 2015 High Country 2500 and found that with the ball/funnel mounted behind the kingpin, it brings the trailer in toward the cab which gives more clearance between the tailgate and sides. The "downside" is that it may not allow a complete 90 degree turn depending your bed length and 5W design. I had no problems with it otherwise and I too got the Andersen because at 73, I don't need the extra aggravation of moving a heavy hitch in and out of the bed. Jason, who also posted here has a great picture posted of the adapter mounted as I described. Some folks mount it just the opposite and put the ball/funnel in front, which does allow for sharper turning but gives up some of that space between the tailgate and sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Chevy 2500 HD and I got the same hitch. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.:-(

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast